Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Opinion Good Samaritan Gives Up Lucky Pay Day. Finds, Returns $16,000 USD

Discussion in 'Breaking News' started by spnadmin, Aug 1, 2011.

1. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

A California business owner who found $16,000 cash at a local bank gave up his lucky payday this week - when he turned it over to officials.

Tehal Dosanjh was making a deposit at a Farmers and Merchant Bank after hours dropbox in Turlock on Monday when he found a stack of $20 bills inside.

But he said keeping the money was never an option.

Good Samaritan: Tehal Dosanjh found and returned a stack of bills that tallied up to $16,000

Pay day: The money was enclosed in a bag with a deposit clip that marked the five-figure sum

Mr Dosanjh, who owns nearby Golden Arco convenient store, said he knew he had found a large sum of money.

But when he read the five-figure tally on the deposit slip wrapped around the stack of bills, he was in shock.

'I couldn't believe my eyes,' he told MSNBC.

Because the bank was closed, Dosanjh took the money home. But he said he never considered keeping it for himself, insisting his parents and the Sikh religion taught him to value honesty.

'I knew what I had to do the next morning, which was to return it to the bank.' he said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inds--returns--16-000-cash.html#ixzz1TkOWD6Tz

Attached Files:

#1 spnadmin, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
  2. Loading...