Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Funeral attendance

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Ishna, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Hi everyone

A respected member of my local sangat passed away last week :( . I've been given the details of the funeral at my city's main secular funeral place, and also to the 'prayers' this coming Saturday at Gurdwara Sahib. I can't attend the funeral today, but I'd like to go to the prayers on Saturday to pay my respect to the family.

It's a Malaysian-style sangat.

Any ideas what I can expect on Saturday? Is there anything customary I should be aware of?

Any guidance in this is much appreciated. I've been to lots of anand Karaj ceremonies at Gurdwara Sahib but nothing funeral-related.

Many thanks

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Mewa Singh’s Funeral Procession 1915 Sikh Personalities Dec 22, 2013
    Sikh Temple Shooting Anniversary: Son Saw His Father First Time at the Funeral Sikh Youth Aug 3, 2013
    Opinion Tamerlan Tsarnaev, Suspected Boston Bomber, May Not Get Islamic Funeral From Wary Muslims Breaking News Apr 21, 2013
    Funeral for Lord King of West Bromwich, UK's first Sikh peer Sikh Personalities Jan 18, 2013
    Funerals Questions and Answers Jul 13, 2012

3. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

This is simple..just like normal gurdwara diwan. There will be kirtan session... a reading of SGGS..BHOG and ardass and Hukmnamah. Nothing out of the way. Just Matha tek and be seated. Guru ak langgar will follow.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ishna

Ishna
    Expand Collapse
    On hiatus
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Thank you Gyani ji

• Like Like x 1