• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Fight One More Round

Jun 1, 2004
"Fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so tired that you wish your opponent would crack you one on the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round-remembering that the man who fights one more round is never whipped."
---James Corbett

I wanted to share a little of my will to everyone who reads this. 2 weeks ago, I received a "well wishes" card from a long lost friend, and this quote was written in it. I read it over and over again till in was clinging in the cores of my weakened heart. I have AIDS, which is in its critical stage.

Later that week, it was about 2am when I started to get really, really sick and couldn't even get up. It felt like someone was choking me to death and I was all alone in my apartment. Just when I fell to the floor and gave up any hope of getting any help what-so-ever, that's when I remembered this quote.

Fight one more round.....it kept ringing in my ear and I decided to fight. I struggled all my way to the medical centre about 2 blocks away from my place and fainted right at the counter. I wouldn't be sharing with you all of this if I hadn't chose to fight my one more round, my one more battle. If I have to fight another, I will. My only wish, to all those who are confronting death, don't succumb to it. Don't give it the opportunity to show its power to you. Fight it, it doesn't matter if you lose, just fight one more round.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: