• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Everything Is Relative

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I had a moan at my wife the other night, We were in bed, watching TV, the dogs were, as usual in bed, the cat was, as usual trying to sit on my head, I thought back to the days before the 8 animals that now live with us, when we were younger and carefree, when we could just take off and go somewhere, or stay the night and see the theatre, and I felt pretty cheated, so I had a moan, and as I moaned I watched my wifes face crumble, she had just completed a 5 day shift, and it was her first evening off, I am not even sure of what I would achieve, I think I just wanted to make my feelings known, anyway we both fell asleep, but I ended up more agitated than I was before my tirade, normally I sleep with my wifes arm on my back, and she rubs my back till I fall asleep, I can feel her love through her touch, it is like coming home, but although her arm was on my back, I felt nothing, the loss of feeling affected me hugely, the loss of connection, of shared understanding, I felt extremely foolish and bad, I had given my wife the impression that everything we had was wrong, and I would prefer us to be young free and single again, although agitated earlier, now I knew what true agitation was, I turned over and apologised profusely, and my wife was gracious in accepting, turning back over I was relieved to find the connection slowly returned and everything went back to normal, other than now I knew what being truly agitated and alone felt like, and it was a good lesson, and also a good parallel to my relationship with the Almighty

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: