Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Opinion Equality & Inequality

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by IJSingh, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Original

Original
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

...what is an accelerated route, Amrit Sanchar or the one you're on ? If it'd be the one you're on then I'll abandon Nanak's route and enrol on to yours - pls send me an application form together with nitty gritties - thank you ! And also, will you allow me the liberty to call you "Babe Ji" since Sikh market with Baba Ji's is saturated beyond belief.

Can't wait to have a girl guru -.I'm all excited !

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. sukhsingh

sukhsingh
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor

That's a bit unfair :(

3. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur Canada
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Contributor

The gender of the Gurus is inconsequential. If anyone sees the Gurus as physical bodies, they have seriously made mistake. The Gurus were the light within. Your post made it sound a bit degrading to the female gender.

However I agree with you. Amrit is the path for Sikhs. We are all actually supposed to strive for amrit in this lifetime. Gurbani tells us this human body is our chance. We have to make steps toward Waheguru now and in this lifetime. And amrit sanchar is that path. That's why those Sikhs who cut their hairs etc are called 'slow adopters' because it's assumed they are working towards Amrit later in life as its a goal of all those who follow the Sikh faith.

• Loved It! Loved It! x 1
  4. sukhsingh

sukhsingh
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor

Is a path

5. Original

Original
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Seasonal Greetings Everyone

People ........its Christ's birthday and not his crucifixion, so please, spare me the "Cross". Anything and everything said "directly" to Sikhilove Ji is said, unreservedly with love n affection. This time around I framed in a paronomasia style to stir-up the comedian Sikh ! Sorry some of you took offence, wasn't that way intended.

Love n Live - expel the rude dude argumentative ape from within, least for today !

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Sikhilove

Sikhilove Qatar
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Lol wow...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Original

Original
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Sikhilove Ji - you did something amazing, you addressed Harkiran Kaur "Bhenji" - I nearly fell of me chair when first read ! next time nudge me a little to get prepared.

This is the real you and I'm seriously contemplating defecting from Nanak's camp over to yours. That is the language of love, the language of my mother, father, baba ji, babe ji and all the way back to the origins of our species - the true Sikhs !

Thank you !

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RD1

RD1 Canada
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor

This is extremely disturbing to learn on so many levels. Sikhs already have a stigma, are generally misunderstood and even feared, and can be looked at as "backward, even though Sikhism is very progressive! But if woman are told that they cannot do something that men are doing, and then police remove the women - that indeed will make Sikhs look "backward!" Especially when we are putting ourselves on display at Nagar Kirtan! Its very frustrating. Who are these people that think they know best and are calling the shots? They are so mixed up in their views and cannot distinguish patriarchal conditioning from Sikh teachings! One cannot be a Sikh without being a feminist.

And that is true, women who try to speak up are called "feminiazi," ignored, ridiculed,dismissed.

9. Sikhilove

Sikhilove Qatar
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

All of these issues are secondary.
    We need to work on ourselves first, then as a spiritually pure soul, tackle the rest.

If the heads of gurdwarras were spiritually sound and balanced, these issues would not be occurring.

10. Original

Original
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

...couldn't have said it better m'self !
    ..and, foremost !
    ..no ! then as a spiritually pure soul you sit on the fence and spectate - and, thank God you aren't plying no more coz you're just about to crossover into infinity ! Goodbye humans - Welcome spiritualists !
    ..can there be heaven without hell ?

Love n Live
    Goodnight

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sikhilove

Sikhilove Qatar
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Hi, nice post:)

Baba Deep Singh Ji- a Great Soul, carried his head to Harminder Sahib. Gurdwarras were built at the command of God, their significance is known to those who have killed their mind to such an extent that they have began to more, or just Feel within their Beings.

Gurdwarras these days are predominantly run by people who have little or no idea. It only takes one good soul to stand up and denounce the corruption that is so widespread. Ritual and money making has overtaken the significance of the Gurdwarras, the focus on the exterior has caused many to gain ego, when the purpose of becoming amritshak was to shed it and become a slave of the universe.

I have been in Gurdwarras where Gianis sit and do nindya of visitors and check women out to the point where the women feel uncomfortable in their presence, where people shout at each other and in anger tell people off for not adhering to rigid rules.

Beyond heavens and hells is Balance- the Truth. Beyond image and form lies the epitome of humility and love.

12. Original

Original
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Hello G
    ..WOW.. what a coincidence !!! last night I was at a family function [Lohri] and guess what ? The host, "Sandhu Parivaar" relatives of Baba Deep Singh Ji were in high spirits. The head of the family after one two many sherbets was telling it all.

More another time - just wanted to touch base with ya - hope you good !

Take care
    gdnite

13. Sikhilove

Sikhilove Qatar
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Lol. When I went to India, his name kept on popping up everywhere, On TV, posters etc, and my cousins ran a charity in his name, it was cool.

I'm well thanks, hope you are also :)

• Like Like x 1