• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Eid (Happy Days) Mubarak. ^_^

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
Each year, Islamic and Arab nation well

And Muslims all over the world to the health and happiness

Eid-Al-Fitr is one of the major holidays of Islam. It comes at the end of the holy month of Ramadan and celebrates the end of the fasting. The holiday comes on the first day of the 10th month in the Islamic lunar calendar.

Because the month of Ramadan is all about fasting, Eid-Al-Fitr is all about NOT fasting. During Ramadan, Muslims have not eaten while the Sun is in the sky. On Eid-Al-Fitr, they celebrate the end of Ramadan with a sweet snack and then get ready for a day of celebration.

On this day, Muslims are encouraged to dress in their best clothes and attend a special Eid prayer at their neighborhood mosque. Before the prayer begins, Muslims make an alms payment (the Zakat al Fitr) Corner of the five pillars of Islam
Such as prayer and fasting
Take money from the rich and the poor are given
Thereby achieving social solidarity in Islam

for the month of Ramadan, in the form of food or its cash equivalent. This food and / or money is then distributed to the poor. After the special religious service, the focus turns to gift-giving. Children are given many gifts. Women get gifts from their loved ones. Also on this day, people are encouraged to settle feuds or disputes, especially those between family members.

Eid Al-Fitr means "Feast of Fast-Breaking." It is often celebrated during three days, with the first day marking the end of Ramadan.

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
Ok,
first of all I want to say this is a Sikh forum, why you are spamming us with all these "corrupted" information? We accept all views - and all religion - everyone has freedom. But I don´t know what you are gaining by posting these? I mean even some brothers of you said that most that you write contradicts and let islam shine in a bad light...

I mean you are free to post and I would never stop someone from posting! ... but do you know what I mean?
I dont want to sound disrespectful... I just wanted to say...
SOme of your posts are confusing... etc.. I mean can you please explain - what do you gain by posting all these?

Last edited:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
It's OK Tigerstyleji, this is the interfaith section on Islam, so they are allowed to post on here.
We are kind enough being sikhs on a forum, allowing everyone freedom of speech, no matter what religion!!!
However, there won't be many other faith forums that will allow us to do likewise, then again as sikhs, we don't like to impose on others either.

It doesn't really matter what naben brother gains by posting on here, maybe we are the only ones that allow him!!!winkingmundawinkingmunda
But, what we gain is actually much better. For instance when it get's highlighted how misguided and ritualistic some beliefs are, I feel honoured and proud to be following my chosen faith.:singhsippingcoffee:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
The title of this thread is ''Eid (happy Days) Mubarak''

I can't help noticing or thinking that all the days are happy days as per....(sing along)

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days.
Thursday, Friday, Happy Days.
Saturday, What a day,
Groovin' all week with you.
These days are all,
Happy and Free. (Those Happy Days)
These days are all,
Share them with me. (oh baby)
Goodbye grey sky, hello blue.
There's nothing can hold me when I hold you.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long. These days are all,
Share them with me. (Those Happy Days)
These days are all, Happy and Free.
These Happy Days are your's and mine, Happy Days.

Happy Days Theme Song - YouTube

► 1:17► 1:17

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Naben brother, I have a small question about Muhammed.

Well, some claim that islam was around long before the time of Muhammed.
Wether this is the case or not, I'm not sure, but could you inform us if this is true and if this was the case, then what exactly was Muhammed's religion that he was born into ??

Also, if islam came after Muhammed then what was he born into anyway ??

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
Naben brother, I have a small question about Muhammed.

Well, some claim that islam was around long before the time of Muhammed.
Wether this is the case or not, I'm not sure, but could you inform us if this is true and if this was the case, then what exactly was Muhammed's religion that he was born into ??

Also, if islam came after Muhammed then what was he born into anyway ??
Yes my dear brother

Message of Islam
Starting from Adam to Muhammad peace be upon him
One Message
The Oneness of God

Through the prophets, not of other ways

All the prophets Muslim

111. And when I (Allah) put in the hearts of Al-Hawarieen (the disciples) [of 'Iesa (Jesus)] to believe in Me and My Messenger, they said: "We believe. And bear witness that we are Muslims."
Surah Al-Ma'idah

78. And strive hard in Allah's Cause as you ought to strive (with sincerity and with all your efforts that His Name should be superior). He has chosen you (to convey His Message of Islamic Monotheism to mankind by inviting them to His religion, Islam), and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship, it is the religion of your father Ibrahim (Abraham) (Islamic Monotheism). It is He (Allah) Who has named you Muslims both before and in this (the Qur'an), that the Messenger (Muhammad
saws.gif
) may be a witness over you and you be witnesses over mankind! So perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), give Zakat and hold fast to Allah [i.e. have confidence in Allah, and depend upon Him in all your affairs] He is your Maula (Patron, Lord, etc.), what an Excellent Maula (Patron, Lord, etc.) and what an Excellent Helper!
Surah Al-Hajj

90. And We took the Children of Israel across the sea, and Fir'aun (Pharaoh) with his hosts followed them in oppression and enmity, till when drowning overtook him, he said: "I believe that La ilaha illa (Huwa): (none has the right to be worshipped but) He," in Whom the Children of Israel believe, and I am one of the Muslims (those who submit to Allah's Will)."

91. Now (you believe) while you refused to believe before and you were one of the Mufsidun (evil-doers, corrupts, etc.).

92. So this day We shall deliver your (dead) body (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs , revelations, etc.).

Surah Yunus

Titles different
Jewish Torah - Christian Gospel - and so on

But
Original
At the basis of faith
Islam
allah guide you

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam

Luckyji, there is muslim (one who submits to God) and Muslim (one who practices the relgion of Islam) & also islam (submission to the will of God) and Islam (a formal religion followed by Muslims).

Some Muslims say ppl revert back to Islam vs. convert because we are all muslims (the Quran says God gave everything on earth its own ways to worship God; therefore a Christian, a tree, and a fish all praise God in their own way).

Muhammad was born a pagan. Some say Muhammad considered pagans his enemy yet one of Muhammad's uncles protected Muhammad during all the trials and this uncle never converted to Islam. Muhammad was commanded in Quran not to try to make anyone convert who didn't want to convert. That was God's job. God made this clear to Muhammad.

Therefore for the Malaysian gov't. to put a man in jail for 30 months just because he said he is an atheist is the most severe form of idolatry. For any Muslim to punish a man for not believing in God is defying God's choice not to make that man a Muslim or whatever.

Sadly, there are many who have lost their way. Not sure if it is caused by tyrrany, political agendas or ignorance about what Quran actually teaches. Of course, there are many many many Muslims who do know that God decides what religion a person will practice. And they do consider other religions as legitimate paths. I don't want to create a problem by generalizing. There are many kinds of Muslims and Islam is practiced from a variety of perspectives.

J. kaurhug

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Jasnoorji,
Thank you for that very informative and clear explanation.
I did think that the definitions you mentioned were in that sense, and that clarifies many answers.

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Tiger ji,

This is the Islam section. I'm learning to see these situations as opportunities to learn tolerance towards others. I disagree with his ideas about Islam and I could debate with him on it forever or I could do with him what I wish he would do with us...respect the path God chose for me.

Muhammad said, "there are as many ways to God as there are souls on earth."

Muhammad recognized how personal and unique God's relationship is with each of us. Every Muslim should do the same.

So bless those who teach us tolerance. My one issue is that his ideas about his religion creates so much disharmony and discrimination in the world and causes others so much suffering. I recently heard of a man in Malaysia (I think it was there, but maybe it was Indonesia, not sure, but anyway...) he was facing a 30 month sentence for saying he was an atheist. Seriously? Has it come to this?

This is not right. Muhammad himself would not do this. God forbid him from doing it. He knew God decided what religions people practice not Muhammad or the Muslims who follow him. This is in the Quran!

I know much much more about Islam than Naben gives me credit for. I am deeply connected to many in the Islamic community and I have studied with many Sufis.

J.

Ok,
first of all I want to say this is a Sikh forum, why you are spamming us with all these "corrupted" information? We accept all views - and all religion - everyone has freedom. But I don´t know what you are gaining by posting these? I mean even some brothers of you said that most that you write contradicts and let islam shine in a bad light...

I mean you are free to post and I would never stop someone from posting! ... but do you know what I mean?
I dont want to sound disrespectful... I just wanted to say...
SOme of your posts are confusing... etc.. I mean can you please explain - what do you gain by posting all these?

Searching

SPNer
Aug 8, 2011
Is it permissible for me to say to non-Muslims “And the same to you” when they wish me a Happy New Year or say Best Wishes?

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about the ruling on greeting the kuffaar on the occasion of Christmas and how we should respond when they greet us on this occasion. Is it permissible to go to the parties that they hold on this occasion?

Is a person sinning if he does any of the things mentioned without intending to, and he only does it to be nice, or because of or shyness or embarrassment or other reasons? Is it permissible to imitate them in that?

He replied:

Greeting the kuffaar on the occasion of Christmas or any of their other religious holidays is haraam according to scholarly consensus, as was stated by Ibn al-Qayyim in his book Ahkaam Ahl al-Dhimmah, where he says:

"Congratulating the kuffaar on the rituals that belong only to them is haraam by consensus, as is congratulating them on their festivals and fasts by saying ‘A happy festival to you’ or ‘May you enjoy your festival,’ and so on. If the one who says this has been saved from kufr, it is still forbidden. It is like congratulating someone for prostrating to the cross, or even worse than that. It is as great a sin as congratulating someone for drinking wine, or murdering someone, or having illicit sexual relations, and so on. Many of those who have no respect for their religion fall into this error; they do not realize the offensiveness of their actions. Whoever congratulates a person for his disobedience or bid’ah or kufr exposes himself to the wrath and anger of Allaah." End quote.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/69811

The above info can be confirmed from various Islamic sites. Therefore morally people like naben have no business congratulating non Muslims on Islamic festivals.

But since I am not forbidden to congratulate others' on their festivals, I will go ahead and congratulate all Muslims on Eid today.
Eid Mubarak.

Rory

SPNer
Jul 1, 2012
Ireland
Jasnoor said:
Muhammad said, "there are as many ways to God as there are souls on earth."
That's a very inspiring quote Jasnoor, but can I ask the source? I have never heard that quote attributed to Mohammed before.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
http://frrole.com/o/due-to-heavy-rains-gurdwara-authorities-flirtytango-mumbai

The above site shows that Sikhs offered their Gurdwara for muslims to offer Eid prayers at Joshimath. Joshimath is in Uttaranchal Pardesh and does not have a mosque, so Muslims generally offer prayers in the open. This year it was raining heavily making it impossible to offer prayers in the open. The Sikhs invited Muslims to offer prayers at the Gurdwara. This act of brotherhood by the Sikhs allowing Muslims to pray at the Gurdwara and the responsiveness of the Muslims to accept the Gurdwara as a venue for offering the most holy prayers is commendable. This is an act of unity and selflessness.

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam

Astroboy ji

I read this yesterday and was very moved by it. Later I was reading from a book on Sikhism that anyone is welcome to pray in a gurdwara and it will not involve any attempt to convert. I find that so beautiful and deep.

Thinking of it as an act of selflessness, as you mentioned, moved me even more. It is true selflessness...a profound putting aside of "this is mine; this is not yours".

In the end, doesn't the Gurdwara belong to the One anyway? To divide Truth's places of worship into "mine" and "yours" is part of the illusion.

peacesignkaur
<3

http://frrole.com/o/due-to-heavy-rains-gurdwara-authorities-flirtytango-mumbai

The above site shows that Sikhs offered their Gurdwara for muslims to offer Eid prayers at Joshimath. Joshimath is in Uttaranchal Pardesh and does not have a mosque, so Muslims generally offer prayers in the open. This year it was raining heavily making it impossible to offer prayers in the open. The Sikhs invited Muslims to offer prayers at the Gurdwara. This act of brotherhood by the Sikhs allowing Muslims to pray at the Gurdwara and the responsiveness of the Muslims to accept the Gurdwara as a venue for offering the most holy prayers is commendable. This is an act of unity and selflessness.

Amarpal

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 11, 2004
India
In bad weather, Sikhs and Muslims Hindus make good friends[/FONT]

Muslim residents of Joshimath in Uttarakhand offered Eid namaaz on Monday in a gurdwara.[/FONT]
NEW DELHI: In a country where religious intolerance and communal hatred dominate the news nowadays, here is something that goes to show that all is not rotten and ugly.

Muslim residents of Joshimath in Uttarakhand offered Eid namaaz (prayers) on Monday in a gurdwara (Sikh temple), after being invited in by its head priest, according to the local media. There is no mosque or Idgah in Joshimath, a town perched above the Alakhnanda deep in the Garhwal Himalayas. Usually its 800-odd Muslim residents offer Namaaz at the town's Gandhi Maidan, a public ground.

On Monday, however, Gandhi maidan had turned into slush. It had been raining heavily for several days and Eid, the festival day too dawned in a downpour. The Muslim community was struggling with the problem when the head of the local gurdwara sent a heart warming message to them- The Muslims could use the main hall of the gurdwara for offering Namaaz.

So, at 9:30am, the congregation of Muslims in bright new clothes trooped down to the gurdwara and offered the ritual prayers in the big hall. After the ceremony, they embraced the Sikh community members waiting outside the hall. Some Hindus from the town were present too and offered greetings to the other two communities.

Sardar Buta Singh, Prabandhak of the gurdwara, later told media persons that he had extended the invitation to the Muslims to help them in their crisis.

Maulvi Asif was quoted by media as saying that by solving their problem, the gurdwara committee had presented an example of humanity and respect towards all religions. He said that the Muslim community was thankful to the committee.

Joshimath is located about 250 kilometers from Rishikesh on National Highway 58. It is close to two important pilgrimage centers - Badrinath of the Hindus and Hemkunt Sahib of the Sikhs.
[/FONT]

Posted by[/FONT]

[/FONT]
Amarpal Singh
[/FONT]

naben

SPNer
Feb 18, 2012
The occasion is Eid ul-Fitr which means 'festivity of breaking the fast'...

It is the celebration after the fast of the month of Ramadan... Ramadan is the month of the Quranic revelation, Muslims use this month to reconnect to the Quran and build a stronger relationship with Allah. This is achieved by fasting from food and s-exual activities with one's spouse during the daylight hours, refraining from foul and shameless language and actions, increased acts of charity to the less fortunate, reciting the word of God Etc...

We learn self restraint against our permitted human desires and hopefully would build stronger restraint against desires that are not permissible.

Basically making a stronger effort to be the best you can be and come out a better human being at the end... It is like a training course for the muslim... At the end of the course, we get our certificate and a feast.... We repeat the training course once every year..

‫ÙEid in America العيد ÙÙŠ أمريكا‬&lrm; - YouTube

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: