• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Dumbest Reasons For Converting To Islam

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Methinks we should MERGE this Thread with the MIRACLE in the Gurdawra one...why ??
Because converting OUT of a religion such as SIKHI into another..is also a "Miracle" of sorts !! a Chamatkaar..Kautak ???..and the reason given..KHEER makes the Miracle sound even more plausible...ha ha ha The KHEER reason to Convert...perhaps the Mughals failed to Convert even 5 year old kiddos becasue they never thought about offering KHEER as an inducement..ha ha ha fools....just imagine..all those Sikh Martyrs...living the good life..eating KHEER all day...instead of facing horrible deaths and tortures...what is the world coming to ???

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Because in India 99% of all Sikh homes it is still the mothers or wives that cook food for the family.

Thats no excuse for things not to change now. I challenge you to make kheer for your mother one day and I guarantee she won't stop smiling even if it doesn't taste as good as her own. If the Guru's had said oh well thats the way it is, we would not have moved forward. If the soufragettes had said oh well male domination is the way it is, the UK would never have given the vote to women. I challenge you to begin the change icecreammunda

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Thats no excuse for things not to change now. I challenge you to make kheer for your mother one day and I guarantee she won't stop smiling even if it doesn't taste as good as her own. If the Guru's had said oh well thats the way it is, we would not have moved forward. If the soufragettes had said oh well male domination is the way it is, the UK would never have given the vote to women. I challenge you to begin the change icecreammunda
findingmyway ji take heart.

My Brother-in-Law makes the best kheer. I make best Biryani, milk shake and omelette.

icecreammunda

Sat Sri Akal.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
findingmyway ji take heart.

My Brother-in-Law makes the best kheer. I make best Biryani, milk shake and omelette.

icecreammunda

Sat Sri Akal.

Now that you have have told us about this, it is time to post your Biryani recipe in the Cooking and Recipes section.

We were able to convince a friend to undergo a video tape where he makes puri. You can do it.

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Methinks we should MERGE this Thread with the MIRACLE in the Gurdawra one...why ?? Because converting OUT of a religion such as SIKHI into another..is also a "Miracle" of sorts !! a Chamatkaar..Kautak ???

Single tuks are not permitted. We need to read the entire shabad, with Ang number, Gurmukhi and English to be able to evaluate your conclusions. Sorry to delete. spnadmin

Veerji the Power and Effect of Sikhi is irreversible. So we would assume he actually didn't get into the fold.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Kanwaljit Singh ji

I take you point, but there is another way to see it. We are all of us Gurprasad at birth Gurmukh. The connection is never broken, but one forgets and becomes Manmukh. One wanders and one looses the way during a life time. The reasons are many. Deep down we feel fear. The way back over the terrifying world ocean comes when we realize our helplessness and dependence and bind ourselves to the raft of the Guru.

Ang 1007

ਮਾਰੂ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
मारू महला ५ ॥
Mārū mėhlā 5.
Maaroo, Fifth Mehl:

ਪਤਿਤ ਪਾਵਨ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਾ ਕੋ ਅਨਾਥ ਕੋ ਹੈ ਨਾਥੁ ॥
पतित पावन नामु जा को अनाथ को है नाथु ॥
Paṯiṯ pāvan nām jā ko anāth ko hai nāth.
His Name is the Purifier of sinners; He is the Master of the masterless.

ਮਹਾ ਭਉਜਲ ਮਾਹਿ ਤੁਲਹੋ ਜਾ ਕੋ ਲਿਖਿਓ ਮਾਥ ॥੧॥
महा भउजल माहि तुलहो जा को लिखिओ माथ ॥१॥
Mahā bẖa▫ojal māhi ṯulho jā ko likẖi▫o māth. ||1||
In the vast and terrifying world-ocean, he is the raft for those who have such destiny inscribed on their foreheads. ||1||

ਡੂਬੇ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨੁ ਘਨ ਸਾਥ ॥
डूबे नाम बिनु घन साथ ॥
Dūbe nām bin gẖan sāth.
Without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, huge numbers of companions have drowned.

ਕਰਣ ਕਾਰਣੁ ਚਿਤਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਦੇ ਕਰਿ ਰਾਖੈ ਹਾਥ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
करण कारणु चिति न आवै दे करि राखै हाथ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Karaṇ kāraṇ cẖiṯ na āvai ḏe kar rākẖai hāth. ||1|| rahā▫o.
Even if someone does not remember the Lord, the Cause of causes, still, the Lord reaches out with His hand, and saves him. ||1||Pause||

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਗੁਣ ਉਚਾਰਣ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਪਾਥ ॥
साधसंगति गुण उचारण हरि नाम अम्रित पाथ ॥
Sāḏẖsangaṯ guṇ ucẖāraṇ har nām amriṯ pāth.
In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, chant the Glorious Praises of the Lord, and take the Path of the Ambrosial Name of the Lord.

ਕਰਹੁ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ ਮਾਧਉ ਸੁਣਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਜੀਵੈ ਗਾਥ ॥੨॥੭॥੩੦॥
करहु क्रिपा मुरारि माधउ सुणि नानक जीवै गाथ ॥२॥७॥३०॥
Karahu kirpā murār māḏẖa▫o suṇ Nānak jīvai gāth. ||2||7||30||
Shower me with Your Mercy, O Lord; listening to Your sermon, Nanak lives. ||2||7||30||

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
....in the past..the MUGHALS with ALL their vast empire, riches, powers..COULDNT MATCH THE INCENTIVES....which meant NOT a SINGLE SIKH ever gave UP SIKHI....suffering the MOST HORRIBLE TORTURES and DEATHS..........even 5 year old kiddos REFUSED POINT BLANK and preferred DEATH to converison.

NOW the shoe is on the other foot...its "Sikhs" who just CANNOT WAIT...to be ENTICED AWAY !! SIKHS should forget about even trying to MATCH the incentives the Christian and Muslim "EMPIRES" can dish out these days..the Christians rule the world..and the Muslims have over 50 countries under their belt...Sikhs are squatters even in their own Homeland of Punjab and under attack !! Just how many such "kachey pillay" (unripe) sikhs can we BUY?? and hope to keep ??? for How long ?? do we have the resources and are these worth BUYING anyway ?? WHY Pay for a DEFECTIVE PRODUCT ?? Why have PAID/RENTED SIKHS ??This person in the video clearly says jesus saved him.....we didnt. let him be. Get ON with our lives and SAVE those who want to remain sikhs...

(Once Jesus and the satan had a contest as to who could create the best 3D effects wallpaper on his laptop. God sat down as Judge. At the word GO..satan and Jesus went about furiously typing in lines of code at lightning speed...for days and days..until just beofre TIMES UP..there was a Flash and the lights went out... OH NO cried Satan...all my work is GONE...well at least Jesus must be in the same boat too...BUT surprise..when the Lights came back on..Jesus was smiling...he pressed the ON switch on hsi Laptop,,and the most brilliant 3D effects began to flash across his 32 inch LED screen..How did he do that ??asked the bewildered Satan...OH thats EASY..replied GOD...Didnt you know..JESUS SAVES. !!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

Haha I will prefer to buy a nice kheer for her Rather thank cooking it on my own and making her to eat Bad kheer made by me.What makes you think my mother will smile ,If that is serial time then she will much more interested in that rather than Kheer.I live in a quite emotionless family.

As far Change is concerned In India the women have not changed the the Traditional image of men,Then why is it expected men to change.Just ask girls or visit Indian matrimony sites .The main requirement for partners are Tall ,caring and very good earning the typical image of man what India have from centuries.How many Women want to marry men which are good in house management cooking ,emotional rather that which are bringing big pay checks very few.If a man start showing feminine characters like emotional ,crying then He is mocked by not only other men but women too
.So it is better Women which are asking for change to change their thinking first rather than Changing the society.

My question is why to change? For whom to change,is the side asking for change willing to change their own Thinking? Cooking in India is not a big deal.
You can hire part time maid very cheaply or eat from roadside Dhaba's but still many wives even in high earning jobs prefer to cook because they don't want society to label them as non caring wives

Enlighten Me

SPNer
Dec 4, 2010
England
I think Dr Zakir Naik should not be representing Islam at all. I've seen many of his videos where he patronises those that ask questions and instead of answering and explaining himself all he does is quote from the Quran to which the audience cheer and clap.

He doesn't discuss and question... his views are narrow-minded and bigoted. He is an extremist and when one sees the world in such a black and white way like he does it poses a danger, especially when he is so influential with most? [some?] members of the Muslim community who respect him merely for going around preaching and quoting from the Quran.

There are many people who 'convert' to religion without studying it or making the effort to understand it... so that doesn't count. Religion is something we can spend years studying and still be unsure...

It boggles my mind how someone can convert so easily especially without questioning or challenging the beliefs.

Oct 5, 2011
Ambarsariah Ji,

Are you on FB ? If so come join me...and read the comments i have been making there as well... ( Jarnail Singh Dhillon Arshi)

I am afraid its a lone battle..as ONLY those who DONT WANT ( or CANT get ?? ) POSITIONS..VOTES..( like myself )....can afford to be honest and brutally so. ALL other organsiations Gurdwaras societies etc with posts such as pardhans and skataar sahabs of necessity weigh "votes" and keep their mouths SHUT so as to not hurt any sentiments which may cause a loss....so Maryada, Gurbani.....Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji takes a second fiddle to pleasing the sangat/what the sangt wants to beleive in....

2. I am afraid having a "Peace" along the lines of the Zakir Hussein type confrence is out as far as Malaysia is concerned because even the use of word ALLAH for Non-Muslims is outlawed and the Bible is a "controlled" serialised and Stamped: " For Christians Only" publication for the Christians who in some states make up 50% but overall are a minority !! Malaysia is an Islamic State and blasphemy to talk to a muslim about your religion. Religion is a very very sensitive subject here..TADA like laws exist to shut up those who are a threat to internal security. Anyone can convert INTO islam..BUT NO ONE can OPT OUT.....attempts to do so will lead to "education" to make you see the error of opting out..and such education can take very very long....so its advisable for anyone changing religions to think carefully..very carefully as once you enter a ONE WAY ROAD..there is no exit and no U-Turn.

That way Malaysia treats non-Muslims and freedom of religion is wrong. Not all Muslims agree with their policies. It is not only non-Muslims that Malaysia treats badly, but Muslims as well! Malaysia's Muslims are predominately Sunni and apparently can't have any other opinions out there. Just over a year ago the Malaysian government arrested 200 Shia people, including women, children, and elderly at an Ashura procession for having "deviant" beliefs! (P.S. I'm Muslim.)

lionsingh

SPNer
Nov 7, 2010
I just wonder how many have actually read the Quran ???

That is enough reason to be dumb as the opening post states to believe the garbage found in it. See Allah wrote it through Gabriel direct to Mr perfect Man Mohammed.... EACH WORD is Gods word !!!

Cant really argue with Allah otherwise you offend and get killed.

Clever reason to convert...In prison join Muslim gangs ;-) ..you get better food and treatment ;-0 especially little boys.

Is satire allowed here ? or have the Islamophobic Politically Weak Appeasers taken over this forum ?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Lionsinghji,

Satire is definately allowed here, but there is a difference between satire and being rude.

Whilst many may agree with some of your above comments, myself included, the way forward is reasonable debate. I find reasonable debate gives you a better more validated argument, as the facts are hard to argue with, why give people ammunition to shoot down your argument with brother?

Every point you have made so far has had an identical pattern, the point made is always excellent, is always backed up by fact, but the anger draws validity away from the point, it ruins your point, some people are angry and have no point to make, nor the intelligence with which to make it. You have the intelligence, the valid point to make, your posts do not need to lower themselves to a level that people can pick on,

best wishes

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: