Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Paganism Does Paganism require a belief in Divinity?

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by Neutral Singh, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Taken from other resourse from internet...

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Does Reading Baani Magically Affect Our Body And Psyche? And Does The Effect Depend On The Bani Read Intellectual Translations by SPNers Apr 30, 2016
    Does God Care What You Wear? Gurmat Vichaar Apr 23, 2016
    Hard Talk Does Amrit Erase All Sins? Hard Talk Apr 1, 2016
    What Believing In God Does To Your Brain Interfaith Dialogues Mar 26, 2016
    Interfaith I Have More Sikhs In My Cabinet Than Modi Does - Trudeau Interfaith Dialogues Mar 12, 2016

3. Heathen Dawn

Heathen Dawn
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Paganism can subsist upon a feeling of inherent holiness in everything in the natural universe. There are those who call themselves atheist pagans whose paganism consists in reverence of nature and celebration of its cycles. They don’t believe the Gods are real—they view Them as archetypes, metaphors, symbols—and they use pagan rituals to attain oneness with nature. The secular pagans usually celebrate the Wiccan Wheel of the Year (two solstices, two equinoxes and the four dates between them), recounting the birth of the God and the marriage of Goddess and God as symbols.

4. Maize

Maize
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I think the issue is over the definition of God. Most religious folk think of God as Divine and a deity that must be worshipped. Pagans, for the most part, see God in everything, pantheism, if you will. God is nothing special, because everything is God.

5. Eclectic

Eclectic
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Pagans just feel the need to live and express the Divinity that is inherent in everything and everyone. Basically it's really a law of love and peace.

6. Lee

Lee
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Most Pagans I know have a belife in the divine. I mean why worship nature if you do not think it is divine?

Cheers,

lee.