• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Does God Have A Form?

Jul 13, 2004
UK
...In Sikhism?

YES
Page 46, Line 19 -- Guru Arjan Dev
Wondrous is the Form of the Immaculate One. Through the Guru, I have met Him, O my Mother! ||1||
achraj roop niranjano gur maylaa-i-aa maa-ay. ||1||

Page 157, Line 5 -- Guru Nanak Dev
I would still meet my Lord and Master, with intuitive ease; the Darshan, the Blessed Vision of His Form, is incomparably beautiful. ||2||
sahj subhaa-ay mayraa saho milai darsan roop apaar. ||2||

Page 186, Line 19 -- Guru Arjan Dev
What form of Yours should I worship and adore?
kavan roop tayraa aaraaDha-o.

NO
Page 120, Line 11 -- Guru Amar Das
The Lord has no form, features or color. Through the Guru`s Teachings, He inspires us to understand Him. ||1||Pause||
tis roop na raykh-i-aa varan na ko-ee gurmatee aap bujhaavani-aa. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Page 223, Line 16 -- Guru Nanak Dev
I am liberated, and absorbed into God, who has no form or feature. ||1||
mukat bha-ay parabh roop na raykhaN. ||1||

Page 283, Line 16 -- Guru Arjan Dev
He has no form, no shape, no color; God is beyond the three qualities.
roop na raykh na rang kichh tarihu gun tay parabh bhinn.

HUH?
Page 250, Line 13 -- Guru Arjan Dev
From formless, He appeared as form.
nirgun tay sargun daristaaraN.

Singhstah

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
UK
check this out

Ang 827, Line 16 -- Guru Arjan Dev
eIGY inrgun aUGY srgun kyl krq ibic suAwmI myrw ]1] rhwau ]
In this world, You are the absolute, formless Lord; in the world hereafter, You are the related Lord of form. You play it both ways, O my Lord and Master. ||1||Pause||

Singhstah

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
UK
"In this world, You are the absolute, formless Lord"

and seeing as were all in this world he is formless to us at this moment, but when hopefully oneday we go to sachkhand he will have a form, i dunno maybe some people who have a better understanding in bani could give us a better insight.

21khalsa13

HRH
SPNer
Jan 16, 2005
on earth
god 'her/himself' is formless
the only concept we can relate to in this materail relam is absolute nothingness.

god is the creative being/ force behind all realms
therefore infuse everything that has form, physical matter, beings etc..
and everything that doesn't, thoughts, conciousness, energy,
exactly what we can't comprehend, we don't have faculities yet!!
but we should still try connect as this is the source of all existence
we should all deep relaxation, simran
meditate on this Q

:wah:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Waheguru has Form and is Formless.

The clearest example of this is given in the Sohila Bani that we read at bed time.

Guur Ji says..in Raag Dhanasari mah 1.. Gaggan meh Thaall .....Sahes tav Naann

Thousands are your eyes..BUT the EYES are not visible..
Thousands are your FORMS.BUT you are FORMLESS..
Thousands your HOLY FEET...YEt not ONE FOOT..
Thousands your noses..Yet NOT one NOSE
This MIRACLE has Charmed ME..

The Eyes, feet, noses Guru Ji is talking about are the Eyes, noses feet of You and Me ( 6 Billion men women and Children alive today)....and countless animals, creatures, etc that GOD has CREATED since the earth was created..and will continue to create.. this is the SARGUN STATE of FORM of GOD...the Visible state..Thus GOD is INFUSED in every atom...and is thus His FORM

The OTHER INVISIBLE FORMLESS STATE of GOD is the NIRGUN state..

And it is THIS MIRACLE of being Both FORM and Formless at the SAME TIME that has Charmed GURU Ji...and we as well.

This continues to Na ko Veri nahin begaana..None is my "enemy" and none is a stranger..IF the FORM of GOD is in every part of His creation then we are all indeed SONS of the Same father GOD...why should we hate and have enemity..why should there be strangers and friends..Everything Happens in His Will....TERA BHANNA MEETHA LAGEH..NAAM padarth nanak Mangeh...Your WILL is sweet oh Lord, I only ask for the BOON of YOUR NAME..

Thus Kabir then asks....Taan kio murgee mareh ? IF you beleive thet ALLAH is in each of his creations..then WHY do YOU KILL (sacrifice) a living Chicken ( deprive it of its GOD given LIFE) to SATISFY /make happy, the SAME ALLAH ? Would anyone be really "happy" to receive something that already belongs to him ?? Can you expect the Gardner who spends so much time tending to his garden to make the Flowers Bloom, to be "happy" with some one who BREAKS off those Living Flowers...to present to the Gardner Himself ??
Another Bhagat says...Pati torreh malni ?? God makes the Flowers Bloom..yet people break them off and kill them to present to the dead stone statues they call "God" ???

Jarnail Singh

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
We are mere instruments of THE CREATIVE ENERGY. As IK ONG KAAR is omnipresent, The energy takes the form of the channel it is being channelised through. Just like water in a container takes the form of the container itself.Tejwant

21khalsa13

HRH
SPNer
Jan 16, 2005
on earth
quote from bruce lee

be like water

if you put water a cup it takes the shape of the cup
if you put it into jug takes that shape
you can pour it flows
you can throw it crashes
freeze it go solid
heat it turns to steam

be like water my friend:thumbup:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
but then Kabir says that Water gets HOT ( boils when heat is applied ) or Cold...( when heat is taken away..)

BUT WAHEGURU is never "hot" or "cold".... we should try to be LIKE WAHEGURU...

Jarnail Singh

21khalsa13

HRH
SPNer
Jan 16, 2005
on earth
yes
to be like vaheguru we have to drop our thoughts
our egos . <---or spiritualise ego
flexible but unchanging:unsure:

omnipresent?

yamla jatt says time to:-

sach much de ban jo devteh

have we the strength of spirit to follow in the guru's footsteps

Jul 30, 2004
world
Ek Oankar Wahiguru Ji Ki Fateh

Akal(eternal God of Sikhs) is formless as Akal has all form belonging to Akal so no single form.So Akal is devoid of form in singular.

Akal has no deed as all deeds(good or bad) are of Akal.

In life,In water,In Land,In all form,In All king(super God exist) 266 Triya Charitar Dasham Guru Darbar.

Das is only givng refernces which are accepted as per Adi Guru Darbar but das can prove that others which appear to be otherwise if taken as a whole can be as per Adi Guru Darbar.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM