Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Define Religion ???

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by Admin Singh, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

Jun 1, 2004
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    How to define "Respect" for other religions? Questions and Answers Jan 29, 2012
    Hard Talk When Our Quirks Define Us (A Parable Revisited) Hard Talk Mar 12, 2016
    Leisure How do you define masculine/feminine energy? Business, Lifestyle & Leisure Aug 26, 2011
    Authentic Sikhism Defined? Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Aug 2, 2009
    Learn Punjabi Punjabi Language and Gurmukhi Script Defined Language, Arts & Culture Jan 3, 2009

3. Arvind

Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor Supporter

Jul 13, 2004
    A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader
  4. desperadovj

Expand Collapse

Aug 19, 2004
    Religion Means Differently To Different People.

Dear members,
    RELIGION is a much complicated word than it sounds.. it has different meanings to diferent people.
    for example :
    --->to a 3rd-4th generation priest in any religion it is a faimly tradition and a profession in the blood stream as it follows.
    --->to senior citizens it is a social thing and something better to do while counting back the days left.
    --->to enterprenuers (some of them) it is a source to save huge taxes by making donations.
    --->to some rich people it is the means of gaining prosperity by aranging social functions and stuff in the society they live in.
    --->to the poor it is hope and perhaps the last option to feed empty stomach is a temple,also a full time occupation to some(beggers)
    --->to the working middle class it is probably a vacation spot.. go to temples on holidays which are famous piligrims.
    --->to the learned it is a matter of study and debate as many of us do...
    --->to the uneducated it is the only source of knowledge and the only one they can possess sometimes.
    --->to politicians it means strong supports and vote banks and wasy propoganda.
    --->to a nation it means another division of people amongst it.
    --->to a laymen religion means almost all these things combined.

but again i wasnt here to display all these views i was here to show my views on how to define religion but the above was necessary coz i m a part of everythign mentioned above or vice-versa.

"RELIGION" according to me can be defined as " a code of conduct , a system made by some intelligant people in thier times , a guide book from which are born infants like culture and traditions,for a particular mass of people of how to live a life in a civilised manner and a way that the society to the whole prospers and lives happily ever after just like a fairytale"