Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Define Reason ?

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by Neutral Singh, Aug 10, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Can anyone? I have a friend who simply refuses to understand intuitively what reason is, and I don't have any idea how to explain it in completely explicit terms. In fact, they say that every time I say the word, it irks them because they are so completely lost. It's harder than it sounds. Any help?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Hard Talk When Our Quirks Define Us (A Parable Revisited) Hard Talk Mar 12, 2016
    How to define "Respect" for other religions? Questions and Answers Jan 29, 2012
    Leisure How do you define masculine/feminine energy? Business, Lifestyle & Leisure Aug 26, 2011
    Authentic Sikhism Defined? Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Aug 2, 2009
    Learn Punjabi Punjabi Language and Gurmukhi Script Defined Language, Arts & Culture Jan 3, 2009

3. etinder

etinder
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I m trying to define reason hope i wud be of some help

reason is the general human capacity for resolving, through reflection, the question of what one is to do.

4. Arvind

Arvind
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor Supporter

Just thinking -

Instead of
    "reason is the general human capacity for resolving, through reflection, the question of wat one is to do."

Will it work as:
    "reason is the general human capacity for resolving, through reflection, the question of why one is to do."

Regards.

5. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh United States
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Reason is like a sweetner in Tea (impulse). If one puts too much of it, one loses the taste of the tea. If one puts too little, the brew loses its sweetness. So in order to have a perfect Cup (the container of alchemy in which the concoction of Reason & Impulse is brewed) of tea, one needs the perfect blend of both.

my $0.02

Peace & Love

Tejwant