• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Dating Situations. Arggghhhh! Help!

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Nooooooooooo!!! i didnt mean it like that! now can you imagine the guru ji going out on dates with women? NOO that isnt true and he never did that because its not the way its supposed to be, its just a silly matter.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Silly Matter??

Telling people how to conduct their lives in the correct way as per Sikhi is no silly matter, its a responsibility, and the first step of that responsibility is to stop acting like a teacher and more like a student, the second step is that if you are called to act like a teacher, at least make sure what you are teaching is 100% complete in line with Gurbani.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Kamala devi
What we believe we 'ought' to do varies from culture to culture and age to age but somethings never change like Truth.Aslong as you don't walk on the grass you are ok.
go your own road.jpg

Last edited:

harshsingh

SPNer
Mar 13, 2011
New Zealand
Kamala (13800038), i respectively disagree. Although dating can be developed and based around lust it is not always lust. From what i have heard and seen there is nothing in Gurbani that says one is not allowed to show interest in another and fall in love. Bani only tells us to avoid lust, again from what i have seen or heard. Dating is an act of lust when you go about it in manmukh ways, only dating for satisfactions of lust, no need to mention ;). But when you are genuinely interested in someone for who they are and feel that you could happily marry them then where is the lust in that??

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Kamala (13800038), i respectively disagree. Although dating can be developed and based around lust it is not always lust. From what i have heard and seen there is nothing in Gurbani that says one is not allowed to show interest in another and fall in love. Bani only tells us to avoid lust, again from what i have seen or heard. Dating is an act of lust when you go about it in manmukh ways, only dating for satisfactions of lust, no need to mention ;). But when you are genuinely interested in someone for who they are and feel that you could happily marry them then where is the lust in that??
One very smart young man you are veer. All the best.

Sat Sri Akal.

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Well if dating wasn't bad you would see our Guru dating as well but he didn't and he got married the right way. But I understand and most of you people are influenced by Christian traditions ect.. I mean if the british never came to India dating wouldn't exist their either, if you get what I mean. I just am saying this because when you start dating and get a relationship feelings can get hurt and you can be scarred and think everyone is like that (I've seen it with my friends) but yeah, just to be safe..

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I can just about stomach seeing your posts on every thread, even though the content bores and depresses me, but how can you be a Sikh if you believe in the myriad of Hindu gods that you mention?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Veer Harry Haller ji "yanking the chain" it is called. Use of some free time to play with people at spn with no honest or respectful attachment to Sikhism. The lip service is just a shield.

I decided not to respond further to such posts but it sure is ever so tempting. Smart lady that way.

Sat Sri Akal.

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Believing they existed and beleiving IN them are two different things, I KNOW they EXISTED since our guru ji said SO, but I do not beleive they are GOD (the one true being/creator of everything). I beleive they have their own tasks and god made them for that. Like Yamraj for death Shivji for destroying ect.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
In the spirit of Sikhi, I will always be happy to interact with posts that I can learn something from, to date, I cannot find anything other than the standard Hindu myths that have penetrated Sikhi thanks to people like you, better I follow Ambarsariaji's line and respond only to posts that contain some intelligence, I won't hold my breath.........

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Well he said so, want to see the page in the dasam granth where he calls Kali Devi his mother? :angryyoungkaur:
Kamala ji perhaps a suggestion for you. This and many other threads where you have commented upon are not about "Dasam Granth". There is a whole section of SPN devoted to "Dasam Granth" in the following,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/dasam-granth/

You may want to inject your wisdom, literal word interpretations, interpolations to Hinduism, deities-myths-mythology in there or even start your own thread(s).

Please try to keep things in context. animatedkhanda1
Sat Sri Akal. :geekkaur:

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
It's not a myth.. and also I only said that because you would say "you have no proof" and I said it to save time LoL. Also if it wasn't literal why would he even mention her? They are real...! The 1~ billion people who pray to her don't pray as a joke.. :mundaviolin:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
It's not a myth.. and also I only said that because you would say "you have no proof" (why would I ask for proof of lies and distortions lol) and I said it to save time (you report twice a day on your progress at wasting people's time here as that appears to be the pattern) LoL. Also if it wasn't literal why would he even mention her (Please take the chill pill and post the Dasam Granth items in the Dasam Granth section, that is what that is for, you will get lot of interactions and specifics there)? They are real...! The 1~ billion people who pray to her don't pray as a joke.. (How about all of China, Islam and Christianity, have you consulted them if it is a joke or not. There are more of them. One billion is puddle in a bucket):mundaviolin:
Sat Sri Akal. mundahug

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Lol the people in China are basically Hindu as well, because Buddhism if I remember correctly is about Buddha which is a avatar of Vishnu. && if you put it that way then that'd mean Sikhism is pointless to in your words since it's less than those who pray to Kali Devi. (No offense because I'm Sikh too)

Namashkar.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Lol the people in China are basically Hindu as well, because Buddhism if I remember correctly is about Buddha which is a avatar of Vishnu. && if you put it that way then that'd mean Sikhism is pointless to in your words since it's less than those who pray to Kali Devi. (No offense because I'm Sikh too)

Namashkar.
Kamla ji I did not start the numbers game, you did to prove logic which fails. You are not good at logic. Sikhism is not based on numbers, you are direct link to the final creator. You don't need devis, devtas, mullahs, priests, different colors of those,etc. Sikh cannot be a Sikh if you don't even know why it came about and how it is different from where it came about from!

Sat Sri Akal.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM