• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Movies Dark Knight Rises

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I am a big time Batman fan for all the idealism and selflessness that has gone in the evolution of the character. I some times compare the dialogues in the movie to Sikhi ideals. So what we can do is share some line from the movie and compare it with how you interpret Sikhi.

PS: No spoilers from Dark Knight Rises :D have to watch it this Wednesday!

Alfred - Endure, Master Wayne. Take it. They'll hate you for it, but that's the point of Batman, he can be the outcast. He can make the choice that no one else can make, the right choice.

For me this line is about an outcast. To live in this worldly Maya and not being affected by it. And some people would 'hate' us or dislike us for that. Try and change things to bring us back in the grip of Maya. More importantly, we have to continue to make the 'right' choices. Choices only the True and the Brave can make. And of course, we have high endurance because the Truth never hurts.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Well, inspired by this intriguing subject, SPN has now its own section dedicated to Movies & Cinema and how you were inspired impressed or depressed by them over the years. This would also be a place to share your collection of great movies that you have admired over the years and would work as a reference library for others to take a pick when they would like to watch a great movie, the next time around!

This section is under Business & Lifestyle forum under Members Lounge and this topic has been moved to this new section.

All the best!

cheerleader

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
WJKKWJKF Sat Siri Akal

Never mind Batman I,m waiting for the new movie about Megacity one's finest My fav comic book hero..........Judge Dredd "I AM THE LAW"

Though of all the Batman films that i have seen "Batman Begins" is my favorite and I think the best Batman film going.....And i deffo a toss up between Judge dredd's lawmaster bike and a Tumbler batmobile as my daily ride

:happysingh::interestedsingh:

dinnahoag

SPNer
Jul 25, 2012
Hiii folks........................cheerleader

I watched The dark night rises movie. its Action & Adventure movie . I really enjoyed to watch this movie . Christian Bale is mine favorite .

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Joginderji

did you cry when the stallone version came out, I know I did, and they were not tears of joy

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Kanwaljit ji, I am going to take the easy way out and quote Bruce Wayne: "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me. ".

Batman Begins was on tellie a few weeks ago and this quote struck me hard as I contemplated my own hypocrisy and tendency to armchair Sikhi. :seriouskudi:

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Your training is nothing. The will is everything. The will to act.

How Gurbani is not about ritual reading but following what Gurbani says in real life!

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely. You become more than a man. A legend Mr. Wayne. Are you ready to begin?

I think this is journey and destiny for a Khalsa. Devoting yourself to the ideals of Guru, one can go beyond the mere entrappings of a human life!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372784/quotes?qt0469923

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
Kanwaljit ji, I am going to take the easy way out and quote Bruce Wayne: "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me. ".

Batman Begins was on tellie a few weeks ago and this quote struck me hard as I contemplated my own hypocrisy and tendency to armchair Sikhi. :seriouskudi:

Ishnaji This Sikh will go with the quote from his favorite comic book hero "I AM THE LAW" old stony face himself Judge Dredd

:happysingh:

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I had hard time learning Gatka because most of my opponents were lean 18 year olds who were learning the art since quite some time. They were quick to read my movements and vicious in their attacks. I on the other hand was an overweight 25 year old with two left feet. But our Master ji really put in our hard work, he wanted me to be at par with those old timers. At that time I thought about these lines:

Henri Ducard: Your parents' death was not your fault.
[Bruce attacks Ducard with his sword]
Henri Ducard: It was your father's.
[Bruce furiously attacks Ducard, but is easily defeated]
Henri Ducard: Anger does not change the fact that your father failed to act.
Bruce Wayne: The man had a gun!
Henri Ducard: Would that stop you?
Bruce Wayne: I've had training!
Henri Ducard: The training is nothing! The will is everything!
[Ducard bests Bruce once again]
Henri Ducard: The will to act.

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
While we are at it, two more:

Henri Ducard: But a criminal is not complicated. What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power. You fear your anger, the drive to do great or terrible things.

Great or terrible things? Gurmukh or Manmukh?

Bruce Wayne: We need to send these people away now.
Alfred Pennyworth: Those are Bruce Wayne's guests out there, sir. You have a name to maintain.
Bruce Wayne: I don't care about my name.
Alfred Pennyworth: It's not just your name, sir! It's your father's name! And it's all that's left of him. Don't destroy it.

When I listened to the above line of father's name, I thought not about my dad, but Guru Gobind Singh!

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
Joginderji

did you cry when the stallone version came out, I know I did, and they were not tears of joy

WJKKWJKF

I did cry and like you Harryji they were not tears of joy...I could give you a long list of reasons as to why the stallone Judge Dredd was bad but I dont want to give myself RSI typing them out but I will give you the #1 reason as to why it was such a bad film........reason #1.........Stallone

:happysingh:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
I know besides the Rocky series and Rambo, everything else he's done is appalling!!
Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's all that bad as I have probably watched the Balboa films hundreds of times and always end up watching them everytime the Rocky weekend is on AMC!!

harshsingh

SPNer
Mar 13, 2011
New Zealand
Waheguru, i try not to watch too many movies myself but i am weak in discipling myself hahaha..... anyway. I love Comparing movie philosphy etc to Sikhi

I film i cannot get over is the MATRIX, its genral ideas and philosophy are all similar to Sikhi... i sometimes think Vaheguru put it out for fools like me to learn something XD

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: