• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Dark And Light

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
So, without a personification of wolf,clown, or man in me, life has been quite peaceful for the last few weeks, I only seem to blog when I am going through the mill, and although life has had its complications, I would not class the last 2 weeks as going through the mill.

So, everything is now moving towards the light or moving towards the dark, however, I cannot help but think that each individual person has that individuality for a reason, and once that individuality accepts the hukam, it still retains some elements of that individuality,. so, I live my life, do all the things I enjoy, but with an attempt to view my being through the lenses of sikhism, and that seems to work for me, however, I feel I have barely scratched the surface. I would like to experiment with mediation, but more than that, I would like to really love god, as others seem to, as the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jiji states we should, and I just cannot seem to, maybe I am fearful of being let down, but it is a leap of faith I seem unable to make.

Baring these two issues, and as much as I hate to admit it, I feel they are both ego related, however, the other day I read the days Hukamnama, and it was full of how one should love god and chant his name, which was great as it covered the two issues I have problems with, and also informed me how much I was missing!

I discussed it at length with my wife, she feels that the use of the word 'love' does not encapsulate what she feels for the 'force', as today she might love cheese on toast, but tomorrow she might hate it, love, she says is very fickle,

words, its all words, god, love,

So,I would like to feel a certain way about a certain thing that is timeless and formless and infinite, ok it doesnt flow as well as I love god, but in a certain way it encapsulates it for me slightly, ever so slightly better

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
So, without a personification of wolf,clown, or man in me, life has been quite peaceful for the last few weeks, I only seem to blog when I am going through the mill, and although life has had its complications, I would not class the last 2 weeks as going through the mill.

So, everything is now moving towards the light or moving towards the dark, however, I cannot help but think that each individual person has that individuality for a reason, and once that individuality accepts the hukam, it still retains some elements of that individuality,. so, I live my life, do all the things I enjoy, but with an attempt to view my being through the lenses of sikhism, and that seems to work for me, however, I feel I have barely scratched the surface. I would like to experiment with mediation, but more than that, I would like to really love god, as others seem to, as the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jiji states we should, and I just cannot seem to, maybe I am fearful of being let down, but it is a leap of faith I seem unable to make.

Baring these two issues, and as much as I hate to admit it, I feel they are both ego related, however, the other day I read the days Hukamnama, and it was full of how one should love god and chant his name, which was great as it covered the two issues I have problems with, and also informed me how much I was missing!

I discussed it at length with my wife, she feels that the use of the word 'love' does not encapsulate what she feels for the 'force', as today she might love cheese on toast, but tomorrow she might hate it, love, she says is very fickle,

words, its all words, god, love,

So,I would like to feel a certain way about a certain thing that is timeless and formless and infinite, ok it doesnt flow as well as I love god, but in a certain way it encapsulates it for me slightly, ever so slightly better

Hey...

Forget about God for a moment...

Do you ever wonder who / what you are?...I mean do you ever wonder if you're more than just a body ... or the thoughts and emotions you feel?

Maybe you have a stronger passion or sense of wonder in the above questions?

I think that's where you should start...one step at a time.

Bit it may actually be the biggest step...may even be the only step you need to take...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM