Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Dalits and Amrit Pan

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by seeker3k, Aug 25, 2009.

1. seeker3k

seeker3k
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I wish to know if any one knows about the Amrit pan for the delits. I heard that some gurdwaras do not give amrit to delit at the same time. They give the delit in saparate bata not the same one used for the jatts. I maybe wrong about it. I am going to India and like to know where are these gurudawas. I like to go there.
    If any one knows where please give me the address.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Politics Canada needs to stand up for Dalits Breaking News Oct 27, 2013
    Over 100 Dalits come into the Khalsa Fold. Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jan 31, 2013
    India Queen of Dalits lives lavishly: WikiLeaks Breaking News Sep 6, 2011
    Poetry Dalits and the Emancipatory Sikh Religion (from Punjab Panorama) Punjab, Punjabi, Punjabiyat Oct 22, 2010
    India Dalits Fined For Daring To Drink Water From Tap Breaking News Oct 18, 2010

3. harbansj24

harbansj24
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Dear Seeker3k ji,

All are equally entitled to Amrit Pan irrespective of their cast and creed.
    If any "Gurudwara" that practices discrimination in this regard, it is then not a Gurudwara, it is something else.

It is essential that you must present yourself after taking a bath including the kesh and must put on a clean set of clothes. You must have all the 5 Ks.

In Delhi Amrit Sanchar is done periodically at Gurudwara Sis Ganj and at Gurudwara Bangla Sahib. You can find out from the Head Granthis of these Gurudwaras about the dates.

• Like Like x 2