• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Legal Community Leader Offers Free Immigration Service

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Community leader offers free immigration service

Indian Newslink - Community leader offers free immigration service

A popular leader of the Indian community is offering free Immigration advice and service for the benefit of the people. Supreme Sikh Council of New Zealand Chairman and New Zealand Sikh Society Auckland Inc Spokesperson Daljit Singh has just been appointed National Immigration Advisory Coordinator of the New Zealand Chapter of the Global Organisation of People of Indian Origin (GOPIO).

He has been rendering free service for more than 16 years. He obtained a licence to practice as Immigration Adviser in November 2009 as per the new law (see related story on Page 10).

GOPIO Acting National President Satish Sharma said the National Executive was unanimous in its choice.

“Mr Singh is a reputed member of the Indian community and a Justice of the Peace. He has been rendering immigration service to people free of charge. His role as Immigration Advisory Coordinator will benefit not only members of GOPIO but everyone in need of such services throughout New Zealand,” he said.

New Zealand Sikh Society Auckland Inc President Manpreet Singh said many organisations have people dealing in immigration without a licence.
“Daljit Singh has handled more than 1200 immigration cases in the last seven years without charging any fee. We are proud of him,” he said.

The Society’s Former President Rajinder Singh said GOPIO now had the ability to extend the benefit of the expertise and experience of Daljit Singh to the wider community.

Daljit Singh said licensed Immigration Advisers are professionally qualified people with a high level of expertise and integrity.

“Their charges vary depending on various factors. But I have decided to offer my services completely free of charge because I want to serve the Indian community and the people of New Zealand. Although free, there will no difference in the standard of service offered.”

He said there are thousands of potential migrants who have the skills and experience needed by New Zealand but cannot afford the high charges demanded by immigration consultants.

“These include people applying for work permits, students keen on obtaining student permits to pursue their higher education in our universities and tertiary institutions and many others qualified to live and work in New Zealand.

“There are also many people who do not know how to complete the formalities such as filling up the necessary forms, preparing the requisite documents and follow-up with the concerned Immigration New Zealand office.

“I am keen to help such people,” he said.
Daljit Singh can be contacted on 021-803512. Email: daljit@xtra.co.nz

Attachments

• files-1.jpg
    files-1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Reads: 643

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: