• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christians Persecuted In Orrisa Province, India

shearwater

SPNer
Apr 3, 2008
Are there any Sikhs who can help deliver the Christians in Orrisa Province, India, from the terrible persecution that is now underway in the midst of Hindu persecution? Christian believers have been asked to renounce their faith in Jesus Christ and become Hindu instead. When they replied they would never forsake the Lord Jesus, they were told that they would have a hard time. And so it is. Their houses have been burned to the ground and many killings have taken place. Many of them had to flee into the jungle to escape murder. I am wondering if perhaps a kind hearted Sikh could appeal to your Prime Minister for help for the Christians to become re-established in their homes at peace once again. Since the predominant population in that region is Hindu, pleas for help have either been ignored or not followed up with alacrity by government police and officials. If you cannot help, perhaps you could meditate and ask the Lord to come to their assistance in their destitution.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
shearwater ji

I have been following this story and it is a terrible thing that is going. It is important to point out that political fanatics among Hindus are creating much of the damage and injury. Not all Hindus. There is also another side to the story in which Christians have been described as the instigators. And that their opponents are only getting even.

All of this turmoil indicates to me that the taste for revenge and greed for land and political power is the cost of our suffering. I do not know if Sikhs can help. But Sikhs can pray that people put aside anger, lust, greed, attachment and ego in this dispute and work for a negotiated solution. What by the way are the government officials doing?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Sikhs are Altruistics..Sarbatt Da Bhalla.
Sikhis are a miniscule minority even in India...even though one of the Pyaras came from Orrissa in 1699 !!
Sikhs themsleves have gone thru terrible PROGROMS..such as the Massacres in 1984 and earlier...
Sikhs dont have a single Govt/Nation...Christians have many Nations/Govts..some of the most powerful on Earth..like USA...UK..France..Germany..etc etc...and number nearly 1 BILLION..
Its terrible what is happening..I as a Sikh PRAY for the victims as well as the Murdering Mobs..For they know NOT what they DO !!
Gyani JS MALAYSIA.:happy:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikhs are Altruistics..Sarbatt Da Bhalla.
Sikhis are a miniscule minority even in India...even though one of the Pyaras came from Orrissa in 1699 !!
Sikhs themsleves have gone thru terrible PROGROMS..such as the Massacres in 1984 and earlier...
Sikhs dont have a single Govt/Nation...Christians have many Nations/Govts..some of the most powerful on Earth..like USA...UK..France..Germany..etc etc...and number nearly 1 BILLION..
Its terrible what is happening..I as a Sikh PRAY for the victims as well as the Murdering Mobs..For they know NOT what they DO !!
Gyani JS MALAYSIA.:happy:

Gyani ji,

I did not know and had to look it up. Thanks,

The first baptized Sikhs, panj Pyaare, were
Bhai Daya Singh, aged 30, a Khatri from Lahore (Punjab) Bhai Dharam Singh, aged 33, a Jat from Delhi Bhai Mohkam Singh, aged 36, a washerman from Dwarka (Gujrat) Bhai Sahib Singh, aged 37, a barber from Bidar (Karnatak) and Bhai Himmat Singh, aged 39, a water carrier from Puri (Orissa).

Last edited by a moderator:

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Are there any Sikhs who can help deliver the Christians in Orrisa Province, India, from the terrible persecution that is now underway in the midst of Hindu persecution? Christian believers have been asked to renounce their faith in Jesus Christ and become Hindu instead. When they replied they would never forsake the Lord Jesus, they were told that they would have a hard time. And so it is. Their houses have been burned to the ground and many killings have taken place. Many of them had to flee into the jungle to escape murder. I am wondering if perhaps a kind hearted Sikh could appeal to your Prime Minister for help for the Christians to become re-established in their homes at peace once again. Since the predominant population in that region is Hindu, pleas for help have either been ignored or not followed up with alacrity by government police and officials. If you cannot help, perhaps you could meditate and ask the Lord to come to their assistance in their destitution.

Although I have total sympathy for the Christians, I also have total contempt for their underhand conversion tactics.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
Well das at present holds a postion of an office baerer postion in RSS(the main Hindutva brigade allagedly behind attorocities).

Inspite of this thing in court of Lord God Yehova das says without any doubt that Attack on fellow Indians is shamefull and same thing das tells to the Think Tank of RSS and das will keep on supporting Christians and Muslims as they are nearer to us.

why Attacks are happening ?

Well they are more to do with politics.Christians are pro Congress as thier head is ie Mrs Sonia Gandhi herself a Christian.Thier opponent tend to attack her by attacking Christians.

It should be understood that Swami was killed by Chritians but those were portestants,while most of the sufferes of riots are Catholics.

Das agrees that conversion done over there is not as per on spritual ground.But Hindus too are doing well social service,one such social worker was Swami Laxmananda,who was threatened in past also.His death has made tribals rise against city based Christians.

Last thing is that RSS is based upon western model of Nation State like Britain,Amercia,Germany or Italy.Their dress is similar to one worn by Germans or Italian Aryans during Second Great War.

They are not following so called Hinduism but are neaer to western natiaonalism.Once Pope also supported Benoto Museleinee if das is not mistaken.RSS is a countinuation of western concept.Christian themselve made Hindu like that.

Das will meet George Minz(member of a council realted to pope and also BJP's top body).We may try to make RSS wing of Christians in Orrisa.Dialogue will bring two similar things closer.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: