Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Hinduism Can you translate this?

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by namjiwankaur, Nov 27, 2012.

1. namjiwankaur

Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

Nov 14, 2010

This is an awesome bhajan (or perhaps its actually a qawwali). The words are by Kabir. Can you help me translate it?

Toward the One!
    <3 Nam Jiwan kudihug
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Heritage Key documents related to Maharaja Ranjit Singh yet to be translated History of Sikhism Feb 6, 2014
    Literature Video: Punjabi scholar translates Shakespeare's entire works into Punjabi Punjab, Punjabi, Punjabiyat May 30, 2013
    Learn Punjabi Can someone pls translate for me?? Language, Arts & Culture Feb 7, 2013
    Controversial The Falsehood Of Damdami Taksal-Translated Hard Talk Nov 10, 2012
    Gurbani Translated to English then Modified Hard Talk Jul 15, 2011

3. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

Dec 21, 2010
    Namjiwankaur ji I don't believe it is from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. There are writings of Kabir ji which are not in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji so I cannot help as much since the words are not written out.

I believe someone at youtube did translate, but I cannot comment if it is accurate or true but appears good from what I can pick up from the vocals. Here it goes,

I have expanded couple of non English words.

Great rendition as you must have a wonderful ear for all the gems you so find. Great service to all fellow spners here at spn.

• Like Like x 2
    #2 Ambarsaria, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012