• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Can Time Machines Be Created?

go ez on the leaves bro;

Predicate: (if what you say is true)

"everything is prewritten" is COMPLETE NIHILISM ...cannot be trumped. A rejection of existentialism...nobody here on this website believes it...but for some reason they want to....

niether did our Guru ji... they werent Nihilists...because they participated in affirmative action. Evidence of Existentialism exists in their actions yet not in their words? or is there such thing as sikh existentialism?

what you just stated is an infinitely regressive argument.
what is space time continuum?
better yet...what is time? time is not absolute its relative according to scientific analysis?

maybe guru ji was never able to see the future? and he was just like you and
I. a person, with a mind, and a respectable goal?
or is that too hard of a reality to swallow?
or is our discussing this matter and opinionating sacred men a taboo? (I really dont know, dont care either)

im entertained...thats what matters
good post, very stimulating

expand your understanding of time and movement by watching this video bellow​
YouTube - A Simple Paradox [Philosophy]

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
This means that we should not be surprised by future events which will happen.
If this is so then there is an important question that can anyone travel in time? If yes then he/she can change the future or past. If he changes past then it is logically wrong. There arise paradox (like grandfather paradox). If he changes future then that would violate Sikhism.

Not a thing my friend; however, it is an illusion one enjoys by saying he has changed the future. Where is the change? What is changed is also preordained. Question is how to see some thing in the future. The concept of preordained is` totally misunderstood. Future is like a big stairways, as you go up, you see. Have you seen Sinister jis Video? It explains itself about that paradox and one target, future, unfortunately future is not one target but actually limited time filled with events. Interestingly actions bring reactions (emotional or logical, it doesn’t matter) and those reactions are future and once they occur they loose the status of a part of future.
Take it another According to Sikhism, everything is prewritten. So nothing is dynamic including future. way, if a person is able to know what is going to happen at a particular place and at particular TIME then there is a "full" possibility that he can change what he has seen (like guru ji . he knew everything but he never changed anything. well if I had such kind of "power" then I would certainly try to change
clip_image001.gif
).
First of all don’t bring Guru ji in this imagination since Guru ji never stated that. Now lets go back to your assumption. How one can see those stairs he/she never treaded on? Hypothetically, even if one travels to that point, how something would be there without actions that trigger reactions, so there is nothing can be changed. Let’s be clearer in your hypothetic example. If one see that he is going to be killed by a car on coming Sunday, and he sees it and decides not to drive or go out in a car at all. Do you think he has changed any thing? Only thing happened in that case is that the guy whatever sees is not true. Actual destiny was his” staying at home on that Sunday” To understand preordained, one must understand the other part Gurbani in which it is stated
ਜੋਰੁ ਜੀਵਣਿ ਮਰਣਿ ਨਹ ਜੋਰੁ
jor n jeevan maran neh jor ||
we have no power to live, nor do we have power to die
jeevan= to live, marn= to die
Power of living and dieing is not in our hands ( Japji Pouri 32)
Now one can say,” how it can be true, I can die when I want to.” To prove it one takes poison and his story ends there. It was not he who commits suicide to prove death is in his hands, but it is his preordained moments he hugs. It is a big concept, must be understand as a whole not bit by bit.

But if he/she changes then that would again voilate the rule that "everything is prewritten".
As said earlier, realistically there is no change save for an illusion
Does this mean that no body can create time machine and no body can know the future???
Absolutely true, you take a test, you did well, you can predict” I am going to pass certainly”
Watching the satellite and predicting’ it will rain tomorrow” is the only possible way of knowing the real truth stored in future event, unfortunately that also falls short as some time face and speed of winds can affect that predictions.
If yes then how guru ji was able to see future?
clip_image001.gif

Stay cool, Guru ji never claimed to predict future, if here or there something was said and it turned to be true, it was also a part of “LORD"S’ JOR” ( jor=power) Those Visions also fall under His Jor as per Guru ji.
ਜਿਸੁ ਹਥਿ ਜੋਰੁ ਕਰਿ ਵੇਖੈ ਸੋਇ
jis hathh jor kar vaekhai soe ||
The only who has all this power watches after having created. It(world).

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
simple way to do time travel

have a hearty meal.... and lassi preferably

make sure that ur watch is not running

doze off

wake up

restart ur watch from same time.

you have done time travel :)

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Our physical body is a time machine, without it, we're better off back home where our father, Akaal Purukh stays.
[Akaal means timeless]

Our father sent us here by putting us into this biological time machine which has started ticking ever since.
[Our beloved GuruJi is conveyng a message from our father, reminding us as follows]
ay sareeraa mayri-aa har tum meh jot rakhee taa too jag meh aa-i-aa.

O’ my body, when ‘The Sat’ placed the light in you, then only you came into this world.

Being born is just a language in this space-time continuum. We are never born and we never die.
Are you looking for another time machine ? Not enjoying this one yet ?

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

In future when we will have any element trvelling faster then light and we could also do the same thing,then we will have time in negative,then it is possible to have the time machine.

Yet we have a gland on top of our head called then pennial gland (das could spell it wrong).That Gland makes the speed more then light.That is like lotus with thousands of petals.That could be considered as something usefull for us to trevel in time.

KulwantK

SPNer
Oct 31, 2007
Sat Nam, everyone!
Interesting thread! Some say the Philidelphia Experiment was a Time Travel experiment. Various laboratories in Europe and the USA have been attempting to experiment with time travel. Various militaries have been looking into what is known as "paranormal" subjects, such as Remote Viewing, where people "view" past, future and present events and persons, as another means of espionage. Indeed, the Central Intelligence Agency consulted with the man who started ECKankar, regarding remote viewing, and what is known as "out of body experiences". there are various books one can read regarding these and similar subjects. Authors such as Eckhart Tolle and Gregg Braden have written books exploring the natures of Space and Time.
I really like the idea of setting your watch, then waking up and setting it again!

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
abc.def Ji,

Without space there is no time.
How do you slow down time ? By travelling faster. Suppose you had a timer where light between two mirrors travels up and down between them. The timing is constant at a stationary position. But as you move the timer , the time taken for the light between the mirrors becomes slower. Because the length is longer diagonally than vertically.
When a rocket speeds through space, time slows down. The faster the speed of the rocket, the slower time becomes. I hope this makes sense.

Joginder Singh Foley

Writer
SPNer
Jan 26, 2008
Stoke On Trent
I am thinking that what people are thinking about when they say "time machine" is a real version of something like Dr Who's TARDIS or HG Wells "the time machine" or the De-lorean car in "back to the future" where the time machine can transport you back and forth through time like a car transports you over distance. If time travel and time machines where ever achieved this would open up an enormous can of worms regarding the potential to influence past or future events ie telling the crew of the RMS TITANIC about the iceburg or cleaning up by gambling on sporting events as you could travel forwards in time and find the winner come back and back the winner etc etc

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I am thinking that what people are thinking about when they say "time machine" is a real version of something like Dr Who's TARDIS or HG Wells "the time machine" or the De-lorean car in "back to the future" where the time machine can transport you back and forth through time like a car transports you over distance. If time travel and time machines where ever achieved this would open up an enormous can of worms regarding the potential to influence past or future events ie telling the crew of the RMS TITANIC about the iceburg or cleaning up by gambling on sporting events as you could travel forwards in time and find the winner come back and back the winner etc etc

Joginder ji

Your observation reminds me of the Law of Unintended Consequences. Meddling in the past to change the future, or meddling in the future in order to preordain an even better future, can unleash results that are unforeseen and therefore uncontrollable. Everyone thinks of changing things for the better. But that assumes they know what all of the outcomes will be, including the specific result that they had in mind.

The law of unintended consequences is what happens when a simple system tries to regulate a complex system. The political system is simple, it operates with limited information (rational ignorance), short time horizons, low feedback, and poor and misaligned incentives. Society in contrast is a complex, evolving, high-feedback, incentive-driven system. When a simple system tries to regulate a complex system you often get unintended consequences.

Unintended consequences are not restricted to government regulation of society but can also happen when government tries to regulate other complex systems such as the ecosystem (e.g. fire prevention policy that reduces forest diversity and increases mass fires, dam building that destroys wet lands and makes floods more likely etc.) Unintended consequences can even happen in the attempted regulation of complex physical systems (here is a YouTube - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Collapse "Gallopin' Gertie" involving turbulence).

The fact that unintended consequences of government regulation are usually (but not always or necessarily) negative is not an accident. ...

From this web site Marginal Revolution: The Law of Unintended Consequences

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM