Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Can someone explain sikhism to me?

Discussion in 'New to Sikhism' started by drawnbravo, Aug 11, 2010.

1. drawnbravo

drawnbravo
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Also, in one of my classes, the prof said that sikhism, particularly in New Jersey, was a touchy subject and that he did not want to get into it. Does anyone know what he was referring to?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    What is view of Sikhism on lending money to someone? Questions and Answers Nov 17, 2015
    Ardas For Someone Questions and Answers Feb 20, 2015
    Leisure Can someone pls help me find this Waheguru Simran...?? Business, Lifestyle & Leisure Aug 5, 2014
    Is it wrong for a Sikh to marry someone with a different religion? Sikh Youth Apr 27, 2013
    Learn Punjabi Can someone pls translate for me?? Language, Arts & Culture Feb 7, 2013

3. ugsbay

ugsbay United Kingdom
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

SSA.
    DrawnBravo JI your prof told you sikhism is a touchy subject would it not have been easier to ask him there and then why is it a touchy subject ?. I suggest having a good read though some of these threads.

• Like Like x 2
  4. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter

drawnbravo ji

The title of this thread is not related to the question you are asking. What are you really trying to find out?

If your professor believes that Sikhism is a touchy subject, why not ask him privately to explain why he feels that way?

If you want to find out more about Sikhism on the other hand, start by reading threads in our Sikh Sikhi Sikhism section and our New to Sikhism. You will have some background after reading and doing some research to have a better discussion with the professor.

What would be a better thread title? What is really on your mind? If you let me know I can change it?

Thanks

• Like Like x 5
    #3 spnadmin, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2010
  5. gurbanicd

gurbanicd
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

drawnbravoji

"so sikh sakha bandhap hai bhai jo gur key bhaney vich aave"

way to god with the help of Guru nanak devji's teaching

On the path of improvement Sikh always remain a sikh better better...............

• Like Like x 3
  6. hpannu

hpannu
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I live in NJ and and can come to talk to your professor ( in a nice way) to explain SIKHI to him - if you don't have the guts to ask him yourself what he meant by - it's a touchy subject and he does't want to get into it ?

• Like Like x 5
  7. NinduP

NinduP
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I like this that definitely resonates with me. A Sikh is always a learner, because you can only contemplate on so much in a day, and it's kind of a life long thing, always learning about what we are and stuff.

Also the part about it not being a religion as such. For it to be called a religion it implies exclusivity and division for some people who have not actually bothered studying sikhi.