Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Birs(copy of Guru Granth Ji) in scripts other than Gurmukhi

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by vijaydeep Singh, Sep 4, 2004.

1. vijaydeep Singh

vijaydeep Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Ek Oankar Wahiguru Ji Ki Fateh

The above are the post by <admin cut> and reply to him by a Sikh who speaks Haryanavi from forum of sgpc.net. Das did not like anything said wron about Khari Bir too as it contains all the contents of Mithi birs so it as to be equaly respected. But a new question emerged in the mind of Das which as follows.
    Das first of want to say that Script some what meant exclusively for our faith is Gurmat is GurMukhi(Literral meaning 'of Gurmukhs' an egoless Sikhs). But language used in Adi Guru Darbar,Dasham Granth and Sarbloh GranthHi,

ranges from Anpbransh(Slang) of Sanskrit ie Bhash,Punjabi,Sadhu Bhasha,Braj,Marathi,Bhojpuri,Farsi(studded with Arebic terms) among perhaps more.

This means our Faith is adddressing whole mankind. For a Sikh in order to know the truth from holy Books and for corrrect proniciations Best is to learn Gurmukhi. But for the one who are non Punjabi Das has seen the Birs in Devnagri scripts.Likwise gurbani is writtten in Roman,Urdu or Sindhi script.

for Das as it is Preached libralism in Sanatani Khalsa and libral way of life the Birs with say Devnagri Script needs to be respected as par with Bir in Gurmukhi as for Sikhs it is the knowledge bestowed unto mankind which is respected. Script,Paper and Ink are great too as they become medium but main thing is divine knowledge. So for non Punjabi Sikhs Das thinks it is OK to get knowledge from non Gurmukhi Birs or other books.

Das wants an opinion from other brothers and sisters Sikhs and non Sikh alike.

2. Loading...