• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Legal Bhopal Gas Tragedy : Bhopal Gas Tragedy: After 20,000 Deaths, 26 Years, 2 Years Jail

Jan 1, 2010
What a great decision:
Bhopal Gas Tragedy: Eight accused convicted:
Chief Judicial Magistrate Mohan P Tiwari convicted the eight accused under Sections 304(A) (Causing death by negligence) and 303-II (Culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of Indian Penal Code.

ALMOST A quarter century after tragedy struck Madhya Pradesh's capital, a court in Bhopal today found eight person guilty of negligence in preventing one of the worst industrial disasters in the world in 1984. Thousands of people were killed and maimed after a poisonous gas from Union Carbide plant in Bhopal leaked and caused havoc in the city on the intervening night of December 2-3, 1984.

Chief Judicial Magistrate Mohan P Tiwari convicted the eight accused under sections 304(A) (causing death by negligence) and 304-II (culpabale homicide not amounting to murder) of Indian Penal Code.

The list of convicts, however, does not include the name of former chairman of Union Carbide chairman, Warren Anderson, who has been absconding. The convicts include former UCIL chairman Keshub Mahindra, former vice-president functioning In charge, Kishor Kamdar, former works manager J. Mukund; and former Production manager A.P. Division, SP Choudhury.

The quantum of punishment will be pronounced later by the court.
On the intervening night of December 2-3, 1984, huge quantities of methyl-iso-cyanate (MIC) spilled out from the Union Carbide plant in Bhopal that killed thousands of people and left many maimed for life.

Rajneesh Madhok

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Two years. Two %^@#! years for thousands of deaths and untold suffering for both the born and the yet-to-be-born. Something is wrong, wrong, wrong here. As a Sikh, as an aspiring Khalsa, I must speak up about injustice whenever and wherever I find it. I find it here BIG TIME. :angrykudi::angrykudi::angrykudi::angrykudi::angrykudi:

It also makes me wonder what will happen even if the perpetrators of the Delhi Pogrom are tried and convicted. What will they be sentenced to, a two week, all-expenses-paid vacation to Singapore? :confusedkudi:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: