• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Bhai Ghanaeeya Ji

Jun 1, 2004
sewak.jpg

(He Who Serves Selflessely, Meets The Lord) - Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Bhai Ghanaeeya Ji

One day, Guru Gobind Singh Ji sent for Bhai Ghanaeeya, a devout Sikh and said to him, "Ghanaeeya, I am told that you go about helping and serving the enemy in the battle field. Some of the Sikhs have lodged a complaint against you. They say, "You give water and other help to the enemy soldiers wounded and felled in the battle field as a result of which they become well and get ready to fight again.

"O True Lord!" replied Bhai Ghanaeeya, "You have taught us, if you clothe a naked person, you clothe me, if you feed a hungry person, you feed me and if you give water to a thirsty person, you give water to me. These teachings of Yours have been engraved on my heart. When I see wounded soldiers - Sikhs, Muslims and Hindus, lying on the ground crying for water and help, I see not them but You True King. I see You in every one of them. Hence I give water and help to none but You, my Lord".

'Well done Ghanaeeya', said Guru Gobind Singh ji. "You have been acting in the true Sikh spirit. Here is a pot of ointment. Carry on the noble work. In addition to giving water to the wounded, dress their wounds. God will be highly pleased with you."

It is said that the founder of the world-wide Red Cross Organisation also took inspiration from
Bhai Ghanaeeya's story.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM