• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Beware Of Fake Babas And Cults

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Guess what i found on the WEB:

let-t.gif
26.Acts like a complete paranoid mad person: If your Precious One acts like a complete paranoid schizophrenic or psychotic then he or she probably is. Run! Remember that there is no such thing as "crazy wisdom"—wisdom is the art of being balanced. However charismatic they may be, and sane between moments of madness, you WILL be damaged by them.
end.gif

Aad Ji please analyse it and give your comments, when you get a chance.

Waheguru Rakha

I will/promise to look at the entire paragraph more carefully, but for now, bhenji, Number 26 may be the key to how a fake Baba gets wound up in the first place. Did you ever wonder how someone decides that He/She is a baba? Does this happen when one's mental vessel is not sturdy enough to stand up under the confusion, chaos, contradictions, gray areas, criticisms of life. Contradiction makes this person feel persecuted.

My experience - We grow when we are able to really listen and pay attention to the ideas that "bother" us. We ask ourselves-- why does this person disagree with me? And we want to weigh all points of view. We might find out that we had it all wrong, or partly wrong. And it is a good thing that someone else challenged our thinking.

It may be that "babas" can't handle this kind of challenge. They have to work out a fortress of beliefs that protects their fragile personalities. "Let nothing disturbing in." Since they let nothing in, nothing is there to contradict them. Therefore, they think they have something that works. Then they go about sharing The Formula with people who are so weakened by life that they are willing to try anything to overcome their fear. They need the baba. And the baba needs them. The baba needs a loyal group to prove that "My thinking is perfectly true, See! No one contradicts me."

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Raam Das Ji Sache Paatshah De Paavan Bachan:

hir hir krih inq kptu kmwvih ihrdw suDu n hoeI ] (732-6, sUhI, mÚ 4)
har har karahi nit kapat kamaaveh hirdaa suDh na ho-ee.
One who chants the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, while constantly practicing deception, shall never become pure of heart.
Anidnu krm krih bhuqyry supnY suKu n hoeI ]1]
(732-6, sUhI, mÚ 4)
an-din karam karahi bahutayray supnai sukh na ho-ee. ||1||
He may perform all sorts of rituals, night and day, but he shall not find peace, even in dreams. ||1||

me neech humbly asking for everybodys forgiveness

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Dear Randip Ji,

the effort here is to alert and warn people, so that they can think of their sangat....................

there are millions of fake babas and cults, some with name, fame and following; some without.

anybody who is familiar with any such thing must share their views, like somebody has done before on SachaSoda........................

ALERT YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS FROM THESE TYPES OF PRACTICES..........

humbly asking for everybody's forgiveness

I think what I am trying to say it is far more subtle than what the initial post suggests.

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
then say it veer Randip Ji, may be in a seperate thread- New One. If you dont like this one........

thanks

simpy

SPNer
Mar 28, 2006
They need the baba. And the baba needs them.

A sikh must not even think of looking for a baba etc. As We have Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Some people just get lazy and simply dont want to learn Gurbani.

But i really bow down for those who make an effort to learn Gurbani, even when their first language is not Gurmukhi........

Dhan Dhan Sache Paatshah Teri Kirpa

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Can somebody Answer:

Is Posting Gurbani on the Internet considered a CULT?

If one doesnt want to reply to an asked question with their own views- can that person be considered a cult?

I am asking this question as our dear fellow member Ekmusafir Ajnabi classifies those as cult who perform the these tasks :
Post Gurbani.
Dont answer an asked question with their own comment but direct the questioner to Gurbani.

Thanks

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Sardara Ji,

A gurmukh or true sikh strives to achieve a state of consciousness that provides him/her immunity to the slander of others. You seem to be very sensitive yet determined sikh. Wish you well.
And rise above the emotional state.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
namjap said:
Sardara Ji,

A gurmukh or true sikh strives to achieve a state of consciousness that provides him/her immunity to the slander of others. You seem to be very sensitive yet determined sikh. Wish you well.
And rise above the emotional state.

Naamjap ji,

I am enough imune to slandering, dont worry about me I am just a neechan to vi neech guy.

Dear *********naamjap ji:Haven't you seen that I am still posting Gurbani, :). So slandering haven't effected me, it does prove my immunity.

And much much much thanks for reminding me to polish my immunity to slandering skill, Waheguru Di Dyaalta naal, I am glad people like you are around to correct mistakes of people like me neech. Thanks again.

I am asking this question to get group clarification for all those who may believe Ajanabi's words and hesitate to post Gurbani. That's all naamjap Ji.

From your wonderful answer I understand:

Ajnabi just slandered all those who prefer Gurbani.

Thanks Naamjap Ji. It is strange but excellent that this answer came from you, and 'the first answer', as you were the big supporter of him in the same thread for the same things he says against posting Gurbani. Waheguru Di Bari Mehar Hai.

Very good going naamjap Ji.
Thanks a million.

I got one vote- it was just a slandering, that's all :thumbup:.
Sangat Ji if you are reading this thread, please respond to the question in the post #127 , Thanks

Jul 10, 2006
Can somebody Answer:

Is Posting Gurbani on the Internet considered a CULT?

If one doesnt want to reply to an asked question with their own views- can that person be considered a cult?

I am asking this question as our dear fellow member Ekmusafir Ajnabi classifies those as cult who perform the these tasks :
Post Gurbani.
Dont answer an asked question with their own comment but direct the questioner to Gurbani.

Thanks

Could you kindly provide the post link of said remark please as I have not been following all threads in detail.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
kaur Ji,

this is the post- Today(within a few hours) this post is modified, I suppose another mod did take care of the issue, thanks. But where you see the ****, that's where it was addressed as a cult, SO I GOT CONCERNED.

From thread: Need of True Guru.
Ekmusafir_Ajnabi said:
"
jasleen_kaur; i apologize with all of my heart of the words "cut/paste" are offensive to anyone. i had not idea i was speaking wrong. i'm very sorry. i would NEVER disgrace gurbani intentionally. __________________quote said:
Dear Jasleen Kaur,

Please do not bow too much unnecessarily. ****************They are themselves not the Sikhs of SGGS but the Sikhs of ***************. It negates their need to understand the shabad themselves. How do you expect them to do Vichaar. Let me assure you, “You have committed no offence.” But made a very valid point of asking them to elaborate on their cut and paste/ their understanding ********* asked them the same some time back. It does not take much intelligence to do cut and paste.
-------
Ekmusafir_ajnabi"

Even with presence of stars it does make sense that the person is very much againt the practice of Gurbani. Jasleen Ji Ji's statement says it clearly that they are calling Gurbani- cutand paste. Funny thing is that I started the thread, I can't recall Ekmusafir asking me even once, I dont know of others like Ambar or Add Ji and yourself who also post Gurbani, what kind of conversation Ekmusafir had with all.

Thanks for showing concern.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
If I cant express my feelings and understanding: why I should be forced to do so. There are several people out there who can, and they will and infact they do. Naamjap answered, Aad Ji answered, you answered, Pyramid answered. It just seems all together that they didn't want the thread-'need of true guru' to proceed further on its original topic, that's all.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sat Nam,

I am the mod who deleted parts of the commentary by Forum Member Ekmusafir ji.

Leaving as much as I could to honor respected Jasleen ji's original point. She would have liked more explanations and less pasting in of Gurbani without any additional comments. That is a valid request and she was not trying to insult anyone. Now that we have been asked by Admin to include commentary with Gurbani, Jasleen's question will be addressed from now on.

Whenever a mod deletes part of a post, the reasons are given in a little box at the bottom of the comment pane. Hope this clears things up.

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
aad ji,

I am very happy with the deletion, and very much thankful to you as you took care of the issue very thoughtfully.

Things are clear, as always.

Thanks.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
In one life there is much knowledge to be gained, and wisdom to be gained, and skills to be mastered. It is all good and all God's creation. But useless without belief in the Naam.

ਜੇ ਸਉ ਵੇਰ ਕਮਾਈਐ ਕੂੜੈ ਕੂੜਾ ਜੋਰੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
jae so vaer kamaaeeai koorrai koorraa jor ||1|| rehaao ||
If falsehood is practiced a hundred times, it is still false in its effects. ||1||Pause||

ਪੂਜ ਲਗੈ ਪੀਰੁ ਆਖੀਐ ਸਭੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥
pooj lagai peer aakheeai sabh milai sansaar ||
You may be worshipped and adored as a Pir (a spiritual teacher); you may be welcomed by all the world;

ਨਾਉ ਸਦਾਏ ਆਪਣਾ ਹੋਵੈ ਸਿਧੁ ਸੁਮਾਰੁ ॥
naao sadhaaeae aapanaa hovai sidhh sumaar ||
you may adopt a lofty name, and be known to have supernatural spiritual powers

ਜਾ ਪਤਿ ਲੇਖੈ ਨਾ ਪਵੈ ਸਭਾ ਪੂਜ ਖੁਆਰੁ ॥੨॥
jaa path laekhai naa pavai sabhaa pooj khuaar ||2||
-even so, if you are not accepted in the Court of the Lord, then all this adoration is false. ||2||

ਜਿਨ ਕਉ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਥਾਪਿਆ ਤਿਨ ਮੇਟਿ ਨ ਸਕੈ ਕੋਇ ॥
jin ko sathigur thhaapiaa thin maett n sakai koe ||
No one can overthrow those who have been established by the True Guru.

ਓਨਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਹੈ ਨਾਮੋ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
ounaa andhar naam nidhhaan hai naamo paragatt hoe ||
The Treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is within them, and through the Naam, they are radiant and famous.

ਨਾਉ ਪੂਜੀਐ ਨਾਉ ਮੰਨੀਐ ਅਖੰਡੁ ਸਦਾ ਸਚੁ ਸੋਇ ॥੩॥
naao poojeeai naao manneeai akhandd sadhaa sach soe ||3||
They worship the Naam, and they believe in the Naam. The True One is forever Intact and Unbroken. ||3||

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Raam Das Ji Sache Paatshah De Paavan Bachan:

hir hir krih inq kptu kmwvih ihrdw suDu n hoeI ] (732-6, sUhI, mÚ 4)
har har karahi nit kapat kamaaveh hirdaa suDh na ho-ee.
One who chants the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, while constantly practicing deception, shall never become pure of heart.
Anidnu krm krih bhuqyry supnY suKu n hoeI ]1] (732-6, sUhI, mÚ 4)
an-din karam karahi bahutayray supnai sukh na ho-ee. ||1||
He may perform all sorts of rituals, night and day, but he shall not find peace, even in dreams. ||1||

me neech humbly asking for everybodys forgiveness

Surinder Ji,

I understand now why you started this thread on SPN. I always like reading your posts. Thanks.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Pyramid ji

Forum member Surinder ji has always been a source of clear, focused, accurate and unwavering guidance on gurmat vichaar from the perspective of Guruji. (is there another perspective on gurmat?) A learned woman actually. I learned more from her in the few months that she was an active member than anyone else or any other of the informational web sites. Because what she writes comes from the Guru's Bani.

The threads on Babas indicate how Bani is truly helpful in understanding many serious problems of our times.

KulwantK

SPNer
Oct 31, 2007
Sat Nam, everyone. Godd to be back after dealing with health issues.
Thank you all for the warnings about cults. They are dangerous, indeed. One such cult is the
"Deeksha" movement, whereby members are recruited by a free "Deeksha healing".
You can see more information at
deekshasecrets.blogspot.com
Be very careful, and discernment is the watchword of the day.
Wahe Guru
Kulwant

punjabikiren

SPNer
Nov 28, 2007
staffs
just fought i would add a little experience of my own in this post.....ive recently come back from india n the 2nd day of been back to england three indians knocked on my door i answered the door and the guy wearing a turban out of the three handed me over a ppicture of guru nanak dev ji and said he was making a school something to do with the hazoor sahib so he was collecting money but the strange thing was how did he get our address there arent no indians where i live. my mum said come in while i get the money and a drink for you because they asked for water.

anyways, they came inside and mum give them £20 and glasses of water she asked weather they wanted tea and they even said yes to that. then all of a sudden they said to me and mum take your shoes off and sit here (they had there own shoes on) and started becoming a proper baba saying is there a lady in your family with her name beginning with "m" and i was like what the hell. anyways they stayed for ages saying stuff then started becoming aggressive for us to give more money but we kept on refusing and they left leaving us a recipt of the £20 we gave and it was just a blank piece of paper. it was so strange. i was really annoyed we dont know where they came from and asked other sikhs nearby and they didnt have anyone come around.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: