• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Badal, Gadkari Participate In 'ardas' With Shoes On

ballym

SPNer
May 19, 2006
Badal, Gadkari participate in 'ardas' with shoes on

Fatehgarh Sahib, May 14,2010 Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and BJP President Nitin Gadkari today appeared to have stoked a controversy by participating in a religious function allegedly with their shoes on.

However, Shiromani Akali Dal president and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal took off his shoes.

The leaders had come to participate in the state-level function to commemorate the tercentenary celebrations of 'Sirhind-Fateh Diwas' at Mata Gujri College here.

When the function was about to end, these leaders had come to address a press conference.

They were about the start the press meet when they realised that the 'ardas' ceremony was still on. They immediately stood up but apparently forgot to take off their shoes. Sukhbir, however, had removed his shoes.
- (Agencies)

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
I personally go with the logic that ARDASS has absolutley nothing to do with ones ATTIRE.
SHOES are removed only in the presence of the SGGS..INSIDE the Darbar sahib. IF one is OUTSIDE and "participating" in an ardass over the loudspeakers...or walking along the road and cna hear the ardass..one need not remove shoes...even in a Millnnee in a Gurdwara carpark../ outside a Gurdwara when ardass is performed...removal of shoes is a personal choice. "NANGEH PEREEHN" is NOT going to help your ardass get any more attention than a slippered ardasser..or a one wearing leather shoes..or whatever...some people get up and stop eating langgar when the ardass begins over the loudpeakers..I DONT. I would rather FINISH EATING as I dont have control over the ceremony...whereas INSIDE the DARBAR SAHIB...all are equally sitting/standing...and all pay respects equally.all get parshad..all eat and all get up tp go..NOT the same OUTSIDE or in langgar hall etc. BADAL may have forgotten..and Gadakree may have intentionally doen it..who cares...its whats in the heart that matters more to me.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM