Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

asa di waar

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by pami, Jan 11, 2005.

1. pami

Expand Collapse

Jan 11, 2005
    Can someone please help me understand the differene between 'kirtani asa di waar' and /non -kirtani
    What is the significance of this paath?
    Please suggest a paath that helps with fulfilling the desires. I am struggling with an issue for several years now.
    Thank you
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    The Tenth Gate, The Dasam Dwaar Questions and Answers Sep 10, 2012
    Sohan Singh Seetal On Dasam Granth Other Scriptures Friday at 3:16 AM
    Bansavalinama Bansawalinama In Regards To Dasam Granth Other Scriptures Sep 30, 2016
    Dasam Granth Veechar Gosti - Gurdwara Ranjeet Nagar, Kanpur Dasam Granth Aug 17, 2016
    Sikh News Sikhs Face Problems While Carrying Kirpans In Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa - SikhSiyasat.Net Breaking News Jul 29, 2016

3. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Jul 4, 2004
    waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

dear pami ji,

the Asa Ki Vaar - non kirtani is the Vaar as it appears in the Guru Garnth Ji at the end of raag Aaasa.

The Kirtani Aasa Ki Vaar is what kirtaniyas and raagis sing durign Kirtan of this Vaar..these have many chhands and shabads from various other banis aded to teh original Vaar. Thus some raagis sing for 90 minutes others can sing for more than that....some sing a few chhakas and others complete all chhakaas. The Shabads are taken from other bansi and added in for effects. This kirtani var is also available in gutkas and and shabad kirtan pothi.

The Dhuni is Tunda Asraja ki dhuni. SDO mahinder Singh at www.shabadvartara.com sings the original dhunis.
    listen and give it a try.

Hope this helps.

jarnail Singh

NB. ALL Gurbani fulfills all desires as per GURMATT. Send me an email and i will try to look for some shabds that directly relate to some issues. But rest assured that ALL GURBANI is DHUR ki AYEE jin SAGLEE CHINT MITAYEE..saglee chint means ALL CHINT WORRIES etc...adn No shabad is "bad" or "good" as is the popular misconception. It is just a matter how we interpret Guur Ji's HUKM. Dont hesitate. Guur Ji is always ready to help His Bhagats.
  4. jag1t

Expand Collapse

Jul 8, 2006
    Dear Jag1t Ji

I m not sure whetehr you are looking for steek interp=retation of Asaa Di Vaar or just translation

In case u are lookinfg for translation over internet then here is the link where you can asses three different translations of asaa di vaar
    Page 462, Line 19
    Sri Granth: Sri Guru Granth Sahib

I know this rep=ly may be quite late in terms of time since u asked for it but just came accros this today

Jatinder Singh
    #3 jag1t, Jul 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2016
  5. Sewadaarni

Sewadaarni United States
    Expand Collapse

Jan 29, 2007
  6. spnadmin

spnadmin United States
    Expand Collapse
    1947-2014 (Archived)
    SPNer Supporter