• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ardaas

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
We all know that ARDAAS in Sikhi is very important. Gurbani talks about it in all different ways. The modern science has also come to the conclusion that ARDDAS helps patients recover soonner than anticipated.

My question is:-

Who compiled the SIKH ARDAAS specially from 'Pritham Bhgauti simar que ..... till Guru Granth Sahib ji de paath didar dah dhiyaan karkei Bolo deee VAHEGURU?'

Who came up with the above idea and based on what part of SGGS it was developed?

The reason I am asking this is because I have never been able to find the GURMAT response about it.

Input from all would be highly appreciated.

Peace & Love

Tejwant

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Dear Tejwant ji,

This is not in reply to your query, but just some supplementary information.

I got this question myself after writing 'Jis Ditthe sab dukh jaye' in another thread, but with no answer.

Off-way: Ardas (Persian word) = Arz-I-Dasht meaning petition, considered higher than prayer.

As read somwhere - Ardas is our whole history encapsulated in a microcapsule of five minutes from which space and time have been removed.

Also in a reference, read that - ''Sri Bhagauti Ji Sahay...' is the first 'Pauri' of 'Bhagauti Ki Vaar' (or 'Chandi Ki Vaar') taken from the 'Dasham Granth'.

Awaiting reply from learned members on this forum.

Best Regards.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: