Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Leisure Appropriate to send flowers to a friend's ill Mother in India?

Discussion in 'Business, Lifestyle & Leisure' started by Harkiran Kaur, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur Canada
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Contributor

A very close friend, his elder Mother (mid 70's) had a serious fall yesterday and I want to send something for my get well soon wishes. I was thinking of sending flowers, and they come with kaju barfi (I know it's sweet but not sure exactly what it is) Would this be appropriate? I am assuming get well gifts would be similar in India to NA, but wanted to check if its appropriate before I do.

This is what I was thinking of having delivered:
    http://www.indiaonlineflorists.com/Page_details.asp?product_id=CMH118&page_name=flowers_online

Thanks in advance

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Learn Punjabi Naskh considered inappropriate to Sikhs? Language, Arts & Culture Jan 28, 2013
    An Inappropriate Claim Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jan 24, 2008
    Is it appropriate to analyse our ancestors ! so as to not repeat there mistakes ? Interfaith Dialogues Jul 24, 2006
    Looking to find an appropriate shabad to sing for my father's 60th birthday Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Feb 8, 2005
    Sikh News Inappropriate Interruption Breaking News Sep 9, 2004

3. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

I think bouquet of flowers with a personalized message would be fine on this occasion... kaju barfi is usually distributed on a very happy event in India. :grinningsingh:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Harkiran Kaur

Harkiran Kaur Canada
    Expand Collapse

Leader

Writer SPNer Contributor

I wish I had gotten your msg sooner. I actually ran into a local friend who is from India in the mean time and they told me that people in India prefer to have useful things like sweets etc more than flowers and said that the flowers with the kaju barfi might be something to lift their spirits so to speak. :( I hope that its not taken the wrong way. My message was simply that I was sending my thoughts and prayers from Canada for a quick recovery...

5. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

No worries! I am sure she will understand your feeling behind this... cheers! :)

• Like Like x 1