Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Sanatan Sikhi Any Sanatan Sikhs in This Forum?

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by namjiwankaur, Oct 9, 2012.

1. namjiwankaur

namjiwankaur
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

_/|\_ Sat Nam

SPN ji

Is anyone here involved with Sanatan Sikhi? I know this is a very sensitive topic so if you are, could you send me an private message so I can ask y'all some questions.

Blessed be
    Nam Jiwan

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sikh News Section on Sanatan Sikhs on amritworld.com Breaking News Nov 16, 2005
    Sanatan Sikhi Sanatan Sikhs - Sanatan Sikhi Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Jul 16, 2005
    Sanatan Sikhi Sanatan Sikhs Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Dec 10, 2004
    Hinduism Sanatan Dharma and Hinduism Interfaith Dialogues Dec 1, 2012
    Sanatan Sikhi Is Khalsa Sanatan? Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Nov 24, 2012

3. Ambarsaria

Ambarsaria Canada
    Expand Collapse
    ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

Namjiwankaur ji all in my life I have only known of a single entity called a Sikh. But sure there appear to be a whole variety of them with some in numbers small and others in numbers significant. I believe lionprinceuk has shown interest along such lines and possibly would interact.

Sat Sri Akal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. namjiwankaur

namjiwankaur
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

Sat Nam _/|\_

Ambarsaria ji

When a religion is in its beginning, there is a lot of conformity, but once it gets to a certain number, its inevitable to have different people bring different perspectives to it.

I think Christianity flourished for so long because of denominations that were formed. One can practice it as Catholic, Protestant or Gnostic, for example.

Islam is going through a lot of growing pains and maybe Sikhi is going to go through the same thing. There can be Unity in Diversity. We don't have to all think alike for a religion to flourish. I think Sikhi recognized that from the beginning. Guru Nanak saw we needed less not more ways to conform.

That's my two cents, for what its worth. :)
    Nam Jiwan

• Like Like x 1