Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Animal Abuse

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by Admin Singh, Oct 27, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

Animal Abuse

Do you take animal abuse as seriously as human abuse? or should we?
    I wonder how people live with themselves after abusing an innocent animal?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Animals Having a Soul Questions and Answers Oct 24, 2013
    India Even animals won't do what cops are doing: Supreme Court on rising police atrocities Breaking News Apr 25, 2013
    Nature Why Do Animals Like to Play? Breaking News Jan 9, 2013
    Sufism Guru Bawa ji's teaching on slaughtering animals Interfaith Dialogues Nov 8, 2012
    Islam Should Muslims Reconsider Animal Slaughter on Eid? Interfaith Dialogues Oct 29, 2012

3. rooh

rooh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

How exactly would you define animal abuse because in my view, animal abuse abounds. Would you not say that the mass slaughter of animals for our consumption is abuse? Why are rights denied to those who are the most vulnerable, who have no voice ? Do animals not bleed or hurt when they are cut or killed? Where in Sikhism does it say in explicit terms that its ok to kill and eat animals, (albeit those who do this, will cite verses and misconstrue what the gurus have said for thieir own convenience) because this goes against the teachings of most saints,prophets, gurus etc, who have imparted that we ought to live in harmony with the world around us and not harm anything, and this also goes against the concept of Karma, which is deeply embedded in Sikhism. I understand that one incurs karmic debts at the smallest infraction or harm.

4. kds1980

kds1980 India
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

dear aman singh ji

in human civilisation treatment of humans and animals is always different.
    tell me is not an animal abuse when we castrate a bull and force him to plough our field.similarly riding horses, mules carrying load, cows tied in shed and forced to produce milk are animal abuses.the bitter truth is that humans always used animals for their benefit it always involve some kind of abuse.