Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Islam American Pens Quran Against Islamophobia

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by namjiwankaur, Aug 29, 2012.

1. namjiwankaur

namjiwankaur
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

Sat Nam

I came across this article while reading from my Twitter feed over coffee. gingerteakaur Wow! This guy is an awesome artist! I've always thought Islamic calligraphy is beautiful, but this artist is the best I've ever seen. And he's not Muslim! He's penned the entire Quran and makes some beautiful art with Islamic calligraphy.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Culture...quran-against-islamophobia.ashx#axzz24ulo7GAT

Nam Jiwan

• Like Like x 6
  2. Loading...

3. Annie

Annie
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Thank you, Namjiwankaur ji. It is lovely art. I especially like that the artist is trying to promote peace and understanding. I followed the links and found his website, which is wonderful - http://everitte.org/

• Like Like x 1
  4. namjiwankaur

namjiwankaur
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

Annie ji

He has such a unique style. He kind of blends Islamic calligraphy within interesting shapes that aren't usually used with Islamic calligraphy, but it really works, doesn't it?

Nam Jiwan kaurhug

• Like Like x 1
  5. GodIsTruth

GodIsTruth
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with us. I have always thought that Islamic calligraphy was beautiful, and this really shows its true beauty.

Its refreshing to see something so positive about religion in the media. Everyday the media seems to highlight the actions of the tiny minority of extremists aiming to divide us all along racial/religious lines. The truth is, the vast majority of people have a deep respect for other religions, unfortunately, they just don't get the same media focus that the fanatics do.

Going off topic...Thanks again for sharing this. Peace guys.

• Like Like x 1