• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

A Sikh Without His Flowing Hair And Turban

lionprinceuk

(previously Lion_Prince_Jatinder)
SPNer
Jun 29, 2004
west london
Guru Nanak spread dharma, and sikhs should do the same. There is no conversion nonsense involved.

The best thing to preach someone is how to be a good human being, and what these christians and muslims teach is tribalism by preahing to join and follow their tribe.

Suntink

SPNer
Nov 6, 2008
Re: A Sikh without his Flowing Hair and Turban My POV

Guru Nanak taught everyone is equal, regardless of their spirituality, race, gender, caste, previous good deeds, or past bad deeds. Guru Gobind Singh Ji told his Sikhs people to keep hair and a turban. From my perspective I think he said this is what you need to have the Sikh identity. In my opinion he did not mean this is what you need in order to receive blessings from God or go to heaven. This is the correct Sikh path and tradition. But remember during Guru Ram Das' time or before or up to Guru Tegh Bahadur’s time we have absolutely no evidence that people had to cover their heads to enter the Golden Temple. Also we know at that time there were Muslim followers of Guru Gobind Singh and before Hindu followers of Guru Nanak.

It is really wonderful to be proud or your turban and hair and yes I agree this is the Sikh path and tradition. But to think that this makes you "higher" or more "spiritual" is wrong. As every human body has thousands of spiritaul gems inside of it. To think God will value you more, or Guru Will think you are "better" is wrong. When we tie our hair we tell ourselves this is my identity and traditional. And this is our crown and fills us with glorious pride. However, I do not think this makes better or worth more to God than clean shaven Sikhs or the rest of humanity or that Guru Ji would think I am better. I do not think that is the message of the Guru’s philosophy. That would be having an ego and it would be demeaning to my devotion.

Guru Nanak taught everyone is equal, regardless of their spirituality, race, gender, caste, previous good deeds, or past bad deeds. Guru Gobind Singh Ji told his Sikhs people to keep hair and a turban. From my perspective I think he said this is what you need to have the Sikh identity. In my opinion he did not mean this is what you need in order to receive blessings from God or go to heaven. This is the correct Sikh path and tradition. But remember during Guru Ram Das' time or before or up to Guru Tegh Bahadur’s time we have absolutely no evidence that people had to cover their heads to enter the Golden Temple. Also we know at that time there were Muslim followers of Guru Gobind Singh and before Hindu followers of Guru Nanak.

It is really wonderful to be proud or your turban and hair and yes I agree this is the Sikh path and tradition. But to think that this makes you "higher" or more "spiritual" is wrong. As every human body has thousands of spiritaul gems inside of it. To think God will value you more, or Guru Will think you are "better" is wrong. When we tie our hair we tell ourselves this is my identity and traditional. And this is our crown and fills us with glorious pride. However, I do not think this makes better or worth more to God than clean shaven Sikhs or the rest of humanity or that Guru Ji would think I am better. I do not think that is the message of the Guru’s philosophy. That would be having an ego and it would be demeaning to my devotion.

Guru jis teaching are not like a menu at a restaurant. I think I'll have this today, I feel like eating this today. If you want to treat it like a menu then call it egotistical because you think, I don't need to keep my hair, what does hair mean, its nothing, all these Amritdharis that keep hair don't even know what there doing. In other words you’re following your own minds desire. People accept what they like and God only accepts the Gurmukhs. Now some will come out and say, how do you know what God accepts. It’s simple, there is no grey area here for a Sikh. Its either you become one or fail. Throughout the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji it says become a Gurmukh. It doesn't say become half a Gurmukh. The Guru jis taught us to be 100% pure Sikhs and yet we sit here and talk about being 1/2 a Sikh, 1/4 a Sikh, 3/4 a Sikh. When will we stop this nonsense and actually wake up to reality? God helps the Gurmukhs when they are in need like he helped Prahlaad and killed Harnaakhash. So did God favor someone here? Lets see YES, he favored Prahlaad a Bhagat over Harnaakhash.

Sangat ji, no clever tricks can fool the one. We can fool people, but when that time comes all your clever tricks will come to an end and then you'll be able to see what Gods will is.

Take Amrit and become apart of the Khalsa Panth and fullfill your souls yearning of the one.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Randip ji

There is a source but I can't find it in my bookmarks. A Sikh scholar who did a very careful comparison of Gurbani, the lives of the Gurus, and historical documents. Book available at Amazon. As soon as I locate it, I will post. Disorganization always rules.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

Take Amrit and become apart of the Khalsa Panth and fullfill your souls yearning of the one.
Where in the SGGS does it say to do that? Afterall, we must follow our Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji's teachings.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

Where in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji does it say Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is the next Guru of the Sikhs??????
I don't know, you tell me. But it doesn't say joining khalsa will "fullfill your souls yearning of the one."

Doesn't ring a bell... :D

So where does he say "Take Amrit and become apart of the Khalsa Panth and fullfill your souls yearning of the one."

Where in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji does it say Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is the next Guru of the Sikhs??????

Answer the question and you'll find the answer

For now I have other important matters and when I get to this site, I'll be waiting for your answer

Keep avoiding the question, you are getting good at it.

Bhagat Singh ji, I have not avoided the question. I have already given you an answer for the question. The answer is within another question and in this questions answer you will find your questions answer. So, if you want the answer then simply answer the question of mine to your question and you wouldn't feel like I am avoiding the question.

Here's the question again:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Bhagat Singh ji,

Here's the question again:

The next Guru of the Sikhs? What are you asking? Sri Guru Granth Sahib is now the Guru of the Sikhs, and for 300 years past. There is no next Guru of the Sikhs. Gurus were not reading crystal ***** or casting horoscopes.

You are likely trying to get Bhagat ji to admit that Sri Guru Gobind Singh declared Adi Granth Sahib the everlasting Guru outside of the context of the Granth itself. At the point where he does so then you would, if my hypothesis about your hypothesis is correct, tell him that he must also concede that the Sikhs were commanded to keep hair and wear turbans, again outside of the context of the Adi Granth itself. At that point, you believe you would have caught him. Perhaps he does not agree that Guru Gobind Singh was in fact commanding hair and turban to be Khalsa. Let's see what he has to say.

I have peeled away the mystery in this conversation. :cool: Time to return to the topic of the thread. Thank you.

The next Guru of the Sikhs? What are you asking? Sri Guru Granth Sahib is now the Guru of the Sikhs, and for 300 years past. There is no next Guru of the Sikhs. Gurus were not reading crystal ***** or casting horoscopes.

You are likely trying to get Bhagat ji to admit that Sri Guru Gobind Singh declared Adi Granth Sahib the everlasting Guru outside of the context of the Granth itself. At the point where he does so then you would, if my hypothesis about your hypothesis is correct, tell him that he must also concede that the Sikhs were commanded to keep hair and wear turbans, again outside of the context of the Adi Granth itself. At that point, you believe you would have caught him. Perhaps he does not agree that Guru Gobind Singh was in fact commanding hair and turban to be Khalsa. Let's see what he has to say.

I have peeled away the mystery in this conversation. :cool: Time to return to the topic of the thread. Thank you.

You got it wrong and it caused for your ranting about crystal *****. Its is the next [URL="http://www.sikhism.us/"]Guru[/URL] of the [URL="http://www.sikhism.us/sikhs/"]Sikhs[/URL]??????

Also its no mystery so no peeling needed

So we wait for Bhagat Singh jis reply

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: