Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

General A Request For Instruction: Seeker of Truth

Discussion in 'Hard Talk' started by Seeker of Truth, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Seeker of Truth

Seeker of Truth
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Hello Sikh Community!

As my username indicates, I am a Seeker of Truth. I have joined this forum with a sincere interest in the Sikh faith, and would like to learn as much about it as possible. I am very open-minded, and I have no preconceptions regarding the Sikh path.

After joining this forum, I became aware that there is a lot of information to be read. To help come to a good, unbiased understanding of Sikhism, I have a humble and honest request:

Would one (or more) of the experienced members of the forum please indicate to me which texts I should read first? I will certainly have questions after reading, and would appreciate it if the same person or group of people could answer them for me before I proceed to the next step in my reading.

If you have the time and interest to help me in my search, please indicate this by posting a response below.

Thank you.:)

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Nature NGOs request Akal Takht to take up the issue against GM crops Breaking News Apr 1, 2014
    Grammer / Vyakarn Request For Assistance With Marking Tests Language, Arts & Culture May 22, 2013
    India Sukhbir's over-ambitious request to Pak: Hand over gurdwaras to SGPC Breaking News Nov 9, 2012
    UK PM Rejects China Request To Remove Poppy Breaking News Nov 11, 2010
    Sikh girls's request to the Jathedars Sikh Youth Sep 9, 2010

3. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

Welcome Seeker!!

Well, you can start your quest for knowledge of sikh faith by exloring our first section japji Sahib Ji and subsequently go towards the discussion level. There would some text which is in Gurumukhi font which you can safely ignore and concentrate in english translation provided alongwith.

Please enjoy you stay and have a nice time around here.

Warm Regards
    Aman Singh
    SPN Admin

4. Seeker of Truth

Seeker of Truth
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Thank you, Aman, for the warm welcome. And thank you for pointng me in the right direction. I shall begin reading the section japji Sahib Ji immediately.

If I have questions, would it be better to post them here, or in the corresponding section?

Thanks again!:)

5. vijaydeep Singh

vijaydeep Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Gurfateh

visit srigranth.org for our living Guru.

then visit other links from there.

6. Admin Singh

Admin Singh
    Expand Collapse
    Admin SPNer

Corresponding Section or Topic seems to be the right way. :)