Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

A prayer to remember

Discussion in 'Spiritual Articles' started by Archived_Member16, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Archived_Member16

Expand Collapse
    SPNer Contributor

Jan 7, 2005

Let me do my work each day; and if the darkened hours of despair overcome me, may I not forget the strength that comforted me
    in the desolation of other times.

May I still remember the bright hours that found me walking over the silent hills of my childhood, or dreaming on the margin of a quiet river, when a light glowed within me, and I promised my early God to have courage amid the tempests of the changing years.

Spare me from bitterness and from the sharp passions of unguarded moments. May I not forget that poverty and riches are of the spirit.

Though the world knows me not, may my thoughts and actions be such as shall keep me friendly with myself.

Lift up my eyes from the earth, and let me not forget the uses of the stars. Forbid that I should judge others lest I condemn myself. Let me not follow the clamor of the world, but walk calmly in my path.

Give me a few friends who will love me for what I am; and keep ever burning before my vagrant steps the kindly light of hope.

And though age and infirmity overtake me, and I come not within sight of the castle of my dreams, teach me still to be thankful for
    life, and for time's olden memories that are good and sweet; and may the evening's twilight find me gentle still.
  2. Loading...