Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

A Lesson From The Chinese Bamboo Tree

Discussion in 'Inspirational Stories' started by Seeker2, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Seeker2

Seeker2
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

A Lesson From The Chinese Bamboo Tree

You take a little seed, plant it, water it, and fertilize it for a whole year, and nothing happens.

The second year you water it and fertilize it, and nothing happens.

The third year you water it and fertilize it, and nothing happens. How discouraging this becomes!

The fourth year you water it and fertilize it, and nothing happens. This is very frustrating.

The fifth year you continue to water and fertilize the seed and then... take note. Sometime during the fifth year, the Chinese bamboo tree spouts and grows NINETY FEET IN SIX WEEKS.

Life is much akin to the growing process of the Chinese bamboo tree.

It is often discouraging. We seemingly do things right, and nothing happens.

But for those who do things right and are not discouraged and are persistent, things will happen. Finally we begin to receive the rewards.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Loading...