• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

A Dream Come True For Poor Sikh Families

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
A dream come true for poor Sikh families

The Hindu : Cities / Hyderabad : A dream come true for poor Sikh families

It was a dream come true for 53-year-old Babu Singh Granthi on Sunday. His son Karnal Singh's marriage was conducted in a grand manner in the presence of over 25,000 Sikhs and religious heads at the Gurudwara Saheb Baram Bala, Kishanbagh.

The guests were served with delicious food and all this was organised free of cost.

“With my financial constraints, performing my son's marriage in such a grand manner was beyond my limits. I am happy and thankful to the Gurudwara Saheb Baram Bala,” said Mr. Singh.

The Prabandhak Committee Gurudwara Saheb Baram Bala organised mass marriages for economically poor 21 Sikh couples.

The committee made all the arrangements, including accommodation, guru-ka-langar (breakfast, lunch etc) for two days for family members of the bride and bridegroom, said committee president S. Harban Singh.
The marriages were performed in a befitting manner and ceremonies like Sagai were conducted on Saturday and ‘Lawan Phere' (solemnising of marriages) on Sunday.

Home Minister P. Sabitha Indra Reddy graced the occasion and handed over cheques worth Rs. 15,000 each to the couple under the Minorities Welfare Department scheme.

Attachments

• HY10-SIKH_MASS_MARR_114965f.jpg
    HY10-SIKH_MASS_MARR_114965f.jpg
    29.5 KB · Reads: 395
Feb 19, 2007
Delhi India
All good social and reform work being done by Sikhs is outside Punjab. If anything at all is there in Punjab, it is only tokenism. Even organisations such as Pingalwara founded by Bhagat Puran Singh and Khalsa Orphanage started by Bhai Vir Singh are wearing down their robustness and enthusiasm.
To use a cliched phrase "Nearer to church, further from God"

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: