• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India 60,000 Children In India Go Missing Each Year

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
60,000 children in India go missing each year

India Gazette
Friday 2nd March, 2012

• Kidnapping is rife and growing alarmingly in India
• Children taken for ransom, prositution, slave labour and begging
• 20,000 of those who disappear each year are never found

1699c00f5ca0673b.jpg

An abducted six-year-old boy was murdered in the Thakurganj area of the old Lucknow city in India Friday after his father, a trader, did not pay a ransom demanded by the kidnappers.

The boy, named Shivam, went missing on Thursday evening.

Police had begun search operations Thursday night after the father Ramanand Tiwari received a ransom call for 300,000 Rupees (approximately $6,000 US dollars) on his cell phone. They immediately informed the Balaganj police who put the mobile phone on which the ransom call had come, under surveillance. The kidnappers repeated their demand at 2am.

The kidnappers however developed suspicions that their mobile phone was being tracked and switched it off.

Then, tragically on Friday night police were informed that the body of a child was lying in the Bari jungle near the Jangaleshwar temple. The family of the boy and senior officials rushed to the spot. The boy was identified by the family as their missing child.

SP (West) Rakesh Singh told IANS that the body had been sent for autopsy to establish the cause of death. He added that the phone tracking could lead them to the kidnappers. As news of the killing spread, the locality plunged into mourning.

Kidnapping for ransom is rife in India. Insurance companies now rank the country as the fifth highest in the world for kidnapping.

India's National Human Rights Commission estimates 60,000 children go missing nationwide every year. Less than 20,000 are ever recovered. Of those snatched in the capital Delhi, more than 3,000 each year are offered back to their parents for ransom. Others are forced into slavery and put to work in factories or assembly lines, or forced into prostitution, while the rest are made to become beggers, sometimes being maimed in the process to boost their earning power.

source: http://story.indiagazette.com/index...60000 children in India go missing each year/

Last edited by a moderator:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
INDIA is going to the DOGS....while the Neros play their FLUTES.....Bansree walleh baja bansaree...
Gyani Jarnail Singh ji it is a con job to somehow paint the place good as it hides issues. There is tons of clarified butter burnt while starving kids lie on the road outside. I know the easiest justification as well as sanctioned justification for such suffering will be given by the official religion as Karma. It is a culture and society governed by a religion rotten to the core. Everything explains by self afterwards. The whole thing is packaged in a marketing con job of country is a Democracy (if you are connected and have money), the oldest civilization, land of purity, etc.

Sat Sri Akal.

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Well to be honest I am not surprised, I thought the numbers would be WAY more considering that INdia has the second biggest population in the world and is almost going to beat China! Also it seems pretty normal woth a population of that countries size.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Well to be honest I am not surprised, I thought the numbers would be WAY more considering that INdia has the second biggest population in the world and is almost going to beat China! Also it seems pretty normal woth a population of that countries size.

Kamala Ji..Your post would be very differently worded IF it was YOUR CHILD that was ONE of those MIssing and never found...
Then NUMBERS and populations DONT COUNT...and you wouldnt be worried/glad India is beating China or being beaten by whom...and certainly you wont say that a Missing child is NORMAL !!
I Know personally a few families who have missing kids...never recovered...and they dont give two hoots about normal..big population..beating china etc etc ..THEY JUST WANT THEIR KIDS BACK safe and sound. period...and YES its got nothing to do with any "Karma"..thats a load of bull dung.japposatnamwaheguru::motherlylove:

Kamala

Banned
May 26, 2011
Canada.
Thanks you Gyani Jarnail Singh ji, but I do have sympathy, I was just saying that it isn't a surprise.

The Guru ji talks about KArma a lot, everything has to do with it.

Last edited:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks you Gyani Jarnail Singh ji, but I do have sympathy, I was just saying that it isn't a surprise.

The Guru ji talks about KArma a lot, everything has to do with it.

No one in Sikhism can relate the abduction and killing of children to Karma so please stop insulting Guru ji by stupid associations of your dreamy mind.
Kamala ji in all sincerity you are so filled with wrong concepts in terms of what does not exist in Sikhism, it is hard to see the Sikh part in your Hindu/Sikh adherence.

However, some people do use a technique to needle others so that they self learn. This is the only way I see any redeeming value in your posts where you arbitrarily assign certain things, values, practices to Sikhism that have no basis in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. This indirectly creates debate and discussion and brings issue forth. It creates lot of anger and anxiety as many take your bait and show their true beliefs which are not based on Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. They start to jump in and come to your defense as though that is the purpose of your statements.

However I cannot be too sure as only you know your motives or lack thereof. I think you are a very smart person with unique personality but lack a lot in determining what is OK versus what is absolutely distasteful in respect of the topic of a thread.

Sat Sri Akal. peacesign

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: