• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

11/05/2012 Daily English Hukamnama By Professor Sahib Singh Ji

KirpaProject

SPNer
May 6, 2012
11/05/2012 Today's hukamnama in english based on Prof Sahib Singh Ji's teeka. Please forgive any mistakes.

Ang 721-722
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
The timeless/immortal being is one and is met with the grace of the SatGuru.

ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ਘਰੁ ੩
Tilang, First Mehl, Third House:

ਇਹੁ ਤਨੁ ਮਾਇਆ ਪਾਹਿਆ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਲੀਤੜਾ ਲਬਿ ਰੰਗਾਏ ॥
This body of that bride (soul) which the Pah (solution in which clothes are steeped before dying them) of attachment to maya has been applied, and then dyed with/in greed.

ਮੇਰੈ ਕੰਤ ਨ ਭਾਵੈ ਚੋਲੜਾ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਕਿਉ ਧਨ ਸੇਜੈ ਜਾਏ ॥੧॥
That bride (soul) cannot reach in the Husband’s (God’s) feet, because this robe(this body, this lifestyle) of the soul is not pleasing to the Husband (God).

ਹੰਉ ਕੁਰਬਾਨੈ ਜਾਉ ਮਿਹਰਵਾਨਾ ਹੰਉ ਕੁਰਬਾਨੈ ਜਾਉ ॥
Oh merciful Lord! I am a sacrifice to you, I am a sacrifice to you!

ਹੰਉ ਕੁਰਬਾਨੈ ਜਾਉ ਤਿਨਾ ਕੈ ਲੈਨਿ ਜੋ ਤੇਰਾ ਨਾਉ ॥
I am a sacrifice to those who do simran* of your name.

ਲੈਨਿ ਜੋ ਤੇਰਾ ਨਾਉ ਤਿਨਾ ਕੈ ਹੰਉ ਸਦ ਕੁਰਬਾਨੈ ਜਾਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Those people who take your name, I am forever/constantly a sacrifice to them.

ਕਾਇਆ ਰੰਙਣਿ ਜੇ ਥੀਐ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਪਾਈਐ ਨਾਉ ਮਜੀਠ ॥
(But, yes!) If this body becomes the dyer’s Rangan- the vat (the pitcher in which the dyer dyes clothes) , then oh friend! Then if the name of the lord which is like majeeth which stays on the cloth is applied, (majeeth is a particular colour which people used to dye their clothes, it was particularly staying i.e. cloth died this colour did not lose the colour)

ਰੰਙਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਜੇ ਰੰਙੈ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਐਸਾ ਰੰਗੁ ਨ ਡੀਠ ॥੨॥
Then the Master-Lord himself taking the role of the dyer, immerses in colour the mind of the bride (soul), then such a colour rises as has never before been seen.

ਜਿਨ ਕੇ ਚੋਲੇ ਰਤੜੇ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਕੰਤੁ ਤਿਨਾ ਕੈ ਪਾਸਿ ॥
Oh beloved (friend!) Those brides (souls) who’s (Body-)robes have been coloured with dye (meaning, who’s lives have been coloured with the name of Vaheguru), the husband (God) forever abides with them.

ਧੂੜਿ ਤਿਨਾ ਕੀ ਜੇ ਮਿਲੈ ਜੀ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਕੀ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥੩॥
Oh friend! On behalf of Nanak make this request/prayer to them, it would be excellent if at some place Nanak may get/receive the dust of their feet.

ਆਪੇ ਸਾਜੇ ਆਪੇ ਰੰਗੇ ਆਪੇ ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰੇਇ ॥
That bride (soul) upon which the Lord himself places his glance of mercy, to her he himself dresses/arranges them, he himself raises the colour of his name on her (colours her in his name).

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾਮਣਿ ਕੰਤੈ ਭਾਵੈ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਰਾਵੇਇ ॥੪॥੧॥੩॥
Oh Nanak! That bride (Soul) seems beloved to the husband (God), the Lord himself joins her to his feet.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM