• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Dear SPn'ers, SPN has goe high-tech! Now you can meet fellow SPN'ers for lively debates and discussions by visiting the following link:

๐Ÿ”— Sikh Philosophy Network

You can download Telegram app on your mobile & desktop devices at the following link:

๐Ÿ”— Telegram โ€“ a new era of messaging

โค๏ธ Telegram's desktop app allows you to run the group on your computers and laptops all the time.

๐Ÿ™ If you face any difficulty in installing or using this Application, please let us know.

This platform would allow our members to stay connected in a more organized manner.

SPN-Telegram Group is still in its infancy as we are developing the platform and its scope of activites.

Please stay tuned for more information.

SPNer
Dec 2, 2021
Welcome to the forum, fellow Alevite ;)

We shouldn't be differentiating religions and giving them names. All religions are ONE. All paths lead to the 'Oneness'. Why don't we suggest a new name for it instead of Islam ? Afterall, Sikhism is yet another form of Islam.
Its seemingly a very old post. No reply is expected. But its Strange and simply so.!!
Can it be amplified as to how 'Sikhism is another form of Islam' besides the fragrant reality that both are monotheistic?

Last edited:

dalvinder45

SPNer
Jul 22, 2023
I have been writing for Sikh philosophy net for over 10 years continuously and had hundreds of entries but was held up for known technical reasons. I have 3 PhD in English, management and Computer Science and PG in 9 subjects including MSc Tch, MBA, LLB, MA English, PGDHRM, PGCTE, PGDTE, AIBM and AMIBM.
I am at present Professor Emeritus Desh Bhagat University and ex Dean of the university; Ex Registrar SLIET University, Director principals of 4 Engineering colleges and including Guru Nanak Dev Engg College Ludhiana, President Trident Group. I have written 124 books over 165 paper in international Journals and guided 18 PG/Ph.D. students. I have been awarded globally. Now 80th year running.

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
I have been writing for Sikh philosophy net for over 10 years continuously and had hundreds of entries but was held up for known technical reasons. I have 3 PhD in English, management and Computer Science and PG in 9 subjects including MSc Tch, MBA, LLB, MA English, PGDHRM, PGCTE, PGDTE, AIBM and AMIBM.
I am at present Professor Emeritus Desh Bhagat University and ex Dean of the university; Ex Registrar SLIET University, Director principals of 4 Engineering colleges and including Guru Nanak Dev Engg College Ludhiana, President Trident Group. I have written 124 books over 165 paper in international Journals and guided 18 PG/Ph.D. students. I have been awarded globally. Now 80th year running.
Learned Sir please can you help me to find out what is Truth ,I have no qualifications to speak of and I write occaisionly

Dulepe Singh

SPNer
Aug 15, 2023
Greetings! I am Kenya raised Sikh, now living in New Zealand. I am not religious (according to broadly accepted definitions) but I am philosophic - and I am deeply interested in the similarities and underpinning links - across all researchable religions. This is what led me to this site - my research - and I am very glad to be here, as all comments are food for thought. It is incredible to learn how in fact most religions are aligned with/from several schools of ancient philosophies, even the meta physical aspects, and wrapped up in ethic, moral and social codes - essentially reflecting demographic, cultural and geographic - (some would even add political) implications and subsequent cultures over the centuries. Very interesting.

Don_Punjab

SPNer
Aug 6, 2023
Toronto Canada
Sat SriAkalji
I am a Toronto (Jane&Finch wale) new up and coming Sikh.

Recently having Amritdhari Sikh, after years of Cutting my hair and enjoying life!!!

Why what lead to me becomeing Amritdhari

I was vegan over 12 years.. doing yoga meditation.. because i was vegan going to the Gudwara was hard becuase I don't eat dairy. Recently over the last few years finding out about L-cysteine a amino acid and preservative it hurt!.

I approached the Gudwara Sikh Spiritual Centre for guidance on lunger and Parsad. Having meat while considered to be vegetarian?? Whats going on! Is when the Gudwara educated me upon Guru Nanaks words of how we cannot be vegetarian if you drink Pani! ..ect

Which was upon research very liberating.

Being forced into extreme Yudh and warfare with friends, family, police, government municipalities.. without explanation or reason haha
&
Upon learning the full extent of my family history.

I was fully persuaded to accepted Amritdhari Sikhism!!

Not just being a Ganja at the Gudwara!!

(L-cysteine Derived from human hair swine hooves and bristles and duck feathers used as a conditioning agent for flour grains..ect. and milk having animals liver and guts used in the pasteurization process of adding vitamins)

I was persuaded by my deep family lineage and history, to such a extent I felt extremely embarrassed of not being Amritdhari.

I'm getting deeper and deeper into Sikhi loving it whole heartedly!

My Nana ji is General Giani Kartar Singh Bhindranwale (SandhuWalia)
Of Maha Rani Mehtab Kaur de via Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Line of Akali Phoola Singh ji
Maha Raja Pratap Singh Jee
Maharaja Udai Singh de.

My Dade line is a Direct line of Bhai Nand Lal Jee Kan dan Bhai Nand Lal ji is my 10 Grandfather
His Father Chajju Mal Jee was a Disciple of Guru Har Krishan Jee. Bhai Nand Lal ji's Mother Dhurga Mal Jee...

With Such Deep roots i couldn't belive i wasn't raised as a Amritdhari. I give thanks to Waheguru for the liberation and freedom!!
I have humbly accepted Amritdhari-ism๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

Don_Punjab

SPNer
Aug 6, 2023
Toronto Canada
Its seemingly a very old post. No reply is expected. But its Strange and simply so.!!
Can it be amplified as to how 'Sikhism is another form of Islam' besides the fragrant reality that both are monotheistic?
Islam is a fraction of Hinduism! The Allah symbol is the Om Symbol Sideways!!

In the Kiran the Islamic Prophet states i am in Arab but Arab is not within me! I am not in Hind but Hind is in me!!

Also stated feeling the cool breeze of Al Hind! Referring to the awakening of a prophet from Hindu sources!!

Evidence attached!

Shree Ram jee is a Hindu Deity! Yes a Kashatriya by caste and blood lineage direct relation to Our Guru's. GURU Nanak Dev jee founding Father of Sikhism. being of a landowning Hindu Khatri Family!
Muslims every year partake in Rama-Dan๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ
They do Dan to a Hindu God?????๐Ÿคฃ

Also the founding Father of Islam is Issa!
What the Christians refer to as Jesus!
Who real name is Jai- Issa's. Jesus is slang over 2k years!

Jai Isa the Islamic prophet passes through Sind and Punjab going through Hindustan and eventually reaching Buddha Jee's monetary!

Muslim and all of Islam is sourced of Hinduism!

Attachments

• 20230813_224720.jpg
    20230813_224720.jpg
    156.3 KB · Reads: 112
  • 20230813_224551.jpg
    20230813_224551.jpg
    257.4 KB · Reads: 123
  • 20230813_224603.jpg
    20230813_224603.jpg
    294.8 KB · Reads: 114
Oct 12, 2023
I am 65 years old retired sikh. I want to understand sikh philosophy on various topics.
For example I do not understand meaning of :
1. Prabh ki sharan. How do we come in his Sharan.
2. Gur ke charan. How do we contemplate on his charan.
Therefore meaning of Sharan and charan has to be unconventional meaning.

Don_Punjab

SPNer
Aug 6, 2023
Toronto Canada
I am 65 years old retired sikh. I want to understand sikh philosophy on various topics.
For example I do not understand meaning of :
1. Prabh ki sharan. How do we come in his Sharan.
2. Gur ke charan. How do we contemplate on his charan.
Therefore meaning of Sharan and charan has to be unconventional meaning.
Hey Ranjit
I'm also in your shoes here. For me I gained tremendous understanding by going through Nitnem Paat English interpretation, because all I know is English & Punjabi. Gurmukhi I am just guessing haha so when I opened the English translation for each shab I was able to grasp tremendous understanding!!

I will post a shab from Nitnem later. I was listening to Nitnem for a year for so, just last week in the English translation I grasped Guru Nanak Dev Ji's translation to the art of how to enter samadhi Naam Jaap๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

adian808

SPNer
Oct 29, 2023
Hi people!
i am a black, i am Edmond Dohou from Ivory coast. I am a netjerist shivaite .i trust in Amon the god of ancient egypt who was a monotheist god (according to Papyrus 3055 Berlin and Papyrus Leiden 1350 chapter 300 ) and in Osiris an avatar of Amon who is Shiva according to an ancient egyptian legend told by greeks
Netjer means god in ancient egyptian
I also trust in Ptah who is a cosmic cow (like Cau Mata )who is Atoum the creator of world, through his tongue who is also Thot, the vizir of Amon while Atoum Ra ( Atoum) is Amon the created and uncreated sun, the uncreated who create all world, the god of the sky
Thot is also called Hermes and is the vizir of Allah according to islam and Thot/Hermes is a prophet according to Kitฤb al-Ulลซf of Abลซ Maโ€˜shar, according to Islam there's three Hermes , first Hermes/Thot is prophet Enoch or prophet Idris who build pyramids and prepare men to face the flood of biblical god, the third HERMES/Thot is Hermes Trismegiste
I am also attracted by zoroastrism
I want to make the ancient egyptian faith reborn following the example of Sikh faith and Bahai faith who mixed with success islam and hinduism with a monotheistic faith

Naaz kaur

SPNer
Aug 21, 2023
Sat Shri Akal Ji,
My name is Naaz Kaur and I am 19 years old. Although I have been raised in a very religious family, I became an atheist and cut my hair. However, I have realised my error, courtesy of Waheguru Ji and want to be an amritdhari! Excited to know more about sikhi!

kulwant kaur

SPNer
Jul 10, 2016
Sat Shri Akal Ji,
My name is Naaz Kaur and I am 19 years old. Although I have been raised in a very religious family, I became an atheist and cut my hair. However, I have realised my error, courtesy of Waheguru Ji and want to be an amritdhari! Excited to know more about sikhi!
Sat Shri Akal, Naaz, glad you are here! Sometimes, when we are raised in a religious household we go through a rebellious stage; many in their teen years do; it is a way of finding one's own identity. Now that you have discovered you are happiest when you acknowledge God and Guru, for He is in every heart, indeed, you shall be starting a wonderful journey with Him! Get a NitNem and read the prayers daily. Is there a Gurdwara near you? Attend Grudwara at least once a week, and listen to the Kirtan; it is most soothing and inspriational!

gjsingh

SPNer
Oct 29, 2013
There is no infant baptism/membership in Sikhism as we find in other religions. Every Amritdhari in the world had to make a conscious decision to become a Khalsa. So on that score, you are perfectly normal and not an iota less than any Gursikh in the history of the world.

Naaz kaur

SPNer
Aug 21, 2023
Sat Shri Akal, Naaz, glad you are here! Sometimes, when we are raised in a religious household we go through a rebellious stage; many in their teen years do; it is a way of finding one's own identity. Now that you have discovered you are happiest when you acknowledge God and Guru, for He is in every heart, indeed, you shall be starting a wonderful journey with Him! Get a NitNem and read the prayers daily. Is there a Gurdwara near you? Attend Grudwara at least once a week, and listen to the Kirtan; it is most soothing and inspriational!
Sat Shri Akal Ji, I am lucky enough to have a Gurudwara Sahib at a 10 minute walking distance from where I live. I will make sure to visit as many times as possible. Thankyou for your reply! P.S. I have planned to be an amritdhari sikh this month as soon as they start the ceremonies here! I am so excited!! I do not personally know any amritdhari women myself, so please feel free to share things I should learn and keep in mind. Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki Fateh

โค๏ธ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM