Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

I'm want to attend Gudwara...but all of their contact numbers are useless

Discussion in 'New to Gurdwara' started by Rose191Dreamer, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Rose191Dreamer

Rose191Dreamer
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Hello Everyone,

After 45 years of disappointment with religion. I decided to turn to Sikhi because after much research I find it to be a very peaceful way of living.

I listen to the prayers and read the Sri Guru Granth Sahib (SGGS) and will order Punjabi study guides later today from amazon. However, I still feel very alone and isolated.

I've tried contacting EVERY Gurdwara in the Santa Clara & San Jose area but found either their phone number to be out-of-service or it's a fax line! Because I really want to begin volunteering at the local langar I'm disappointed and saddened by the lack of live gurdwara contact information.
    This have driven me back into my reclusive 'shell'...

Thank you in advance for reading.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Feeling Like I'm Losing "it" Blogs Jul 8, 2016
    Great I'm cursed Blogs Oct 16, 2015
    I'm open-minded about romantic relationships... how do I explain to family? Love & Marriage Aug 22, 2015
    SALDEF My name is Waris, and I'm proud to be an American Sikh Organisations Jul 2, 2014
    Christianity Losing My Religion: Why I'm Raising My Child To Believe In Science, Not God Interfaith Dialogues May 21, 2013

3. a.mother

a.mother Canada
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Welcome back to the roots, I think you are almost there when you have decided.Sorry for the phone numbers I can't help you because I don't live in the area.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh United States
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Rose191Dreamer,

Guru Fateh.

I love the love you have shown to learn about Sikhi. It teaches us to be pragmatists rather than dogmatic.

Sorry about the confusion of the telephone numbers.

I have asked my niece who lives in San Jose and visits the Gurdwara to come to this forum and help you out.Once she writes in here then both of you can make arrangements via PM's.She will be a great help. With her you will feel at home in the Gurdwara. Her name is Bandana.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

• Like Like x 8
  5. kaur.bandana

kaur.bandana
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Rose191Dreamer,

Please contact me privately through my email, ******. I would love to try and help you at the San Jose Gurdwara. Look Forward to hearing from you.

Bandana

It is not safe to give out personal details in the forum. Please use the private messaging service on SPN. Thanks, Jasleen.

• Like Like x 3
    #4 kaur.bandana, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2010
  6. Quantonium

Quantonium
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I have the same problem here in norway.. There are 2 gurdwaras, and it seems there is no way to contact them. I have never been to one, and the thought of going into one is quite frightening, especially since it's such a small community here in Norway. I don't know punjabi either, so it will certainly prove to be challenging, but I feel like I need to go to one soon.. I'm living my life as a sikh except that I don't have any of the five K's (besides uncut hair), and don't wear turban each day. And yet, I have never been to a gurdwara..

• Like Like x 1
  7. findingmyway

findingmyway
    Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer Contributor Supporter

The sangat in Gurdwara's tends to be warm and welcoming, especially to people outside the community who show an interest in learning more so don't worry about just showing up. Please don't be frightened as I'm sure you'll have a good time welcomekaur
    Jasleen Kaur

• Like Like x 1