• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Armit vela???

Don_Punjab

SPNer
Aug 6, 2023
Toronto Canada
Is there anything thats says Nitnem should be done by before Sunrise?

Should Japji Sahib be done before Sunrise?

Or just Nam Jaap in the hours before sunrise, & Jap ji Sahib done there after nam Jap after Sunrise?

Also if one is in deep meditation upon waking up should one still shower before JAP? Because showering then cools the inner Flames already built up for Nam Jap meditation!

Or do you do Nam Jap, shower then Japji and Jaap Sahib? To help prepare for work.

I find i get soo deep in meditation with Nam Jap Technique and Nitnem, I can almost fly away. It's hard to come back to Canadian reality for me after such deep meditation.
Although that's another topic.

In Gurdwaras in Toronto it was experienced after Sunrise for me. Although summer time in Toronto The Sun is up before 6am

In RehitNama Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj says to Bhai Nand Lal Ji that a Sikh should do Jap Ji Sahib and Jap Sahib in the morning and Listen to Rehras Sahib in the evening.

In Nitnem Guru Nanak Maharaj states:
Jap Sahib
(3)
Amrit vaylaa sach naa-o vadi-aa-ee veechaar.

Meaning in the early hours of dawn such-E-Na-o Nam Jaap is where the mitaa Gur is, in attaining enlightenment!

Don_Punjab

SPNer
Aug 6, 2023
Toronto Canada
Gal Kii Va!
Ve during amrit vela all Gurdwara should be in Sach-E Nam Jap! Up until Sunrise.

I'm not sure if Gurdwaras do this or not, in Canada it is not done! My 18 months in India being 9 years old I didn't get this experience of opportunity. (1998 1999)

As per Nitnem, one of the most important things is Such-E nam Jap inner Meditation
Which is Described in Nitnem Jap ji Sahib 37
The process of this specific meditation is there.

This should be front and center.

As per Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj, Amrit vela
Nitnem Japji Sahib 3

"Amrit vaylaa sach naa-o vadi-aa-ee veechaar."

Why don't the Gurdwaras promote this??

Is there anyway we can get a unified approach to initiate this as a daily procedure in All Gurdwaras
To ensure during Amrit vela all Amritdhari's are in Sach-E Nam Jaap meditation

🙏🏼

Last edited:

Don_Punjab

SPNer
Aug 6, 2023
Toronto Canada
Tusi Imagine kar-lo!
Hundreds of thousands of Sikhs doing Suxh-E Naam Jaap together. During amrit vela!!

Could you imagine the intensity of Energy of thousands of thousands of hearts together burning the Agni with in (Agn tap tao) and within there heart melting the name of Waheguru.

In the hours before and leading up to Armit Vela.
The power of intensity of energy there. Will quantify to infinite levels!!

Just walking and stand near such locations in the future will be able to heal all diseases

Thousands and thousands of people visit Amritsar per day if everyone did continual Such-E Nam Jaap

The intensity of radiation will multiply Infinitely

Nitnem
Japji Sahib: 30

ik doo jeebhou lakh hohi lakh hovahi lakh vees.

The tongue may divide into hundreds of thousands, and these may become two
million.

lakh lakh gayrhaa aakhee-ahi ayk naam jagdees.

With each tongue, in cycles be recited the Lord’s Name millions of times.

🙏🏼

Don_Punjab

SPNer
Aug 6, 2023
Toronto Canada
Is there anything in Guru Granth Sahib that says Jaapu ji Sahib Nitnem must be done during Amrit Vela??? Anything???
Guru Nanak Dev ji says Amrit Vela =Such-E-Na-o Jaap vadi-aa-ee veechaar!
I don't know how Guru Gobind Ji Maharaj would do Jaapuji then run his sword for 2-4 hours in practice.

Doing or being near any Paat for a period of time especially in the morning, I am too deep in Ambrosial waters ( just a saying)
to do intense martial arts.

After Paat its takes 10-15 min to just be able to walk around for me...
I get Drunk- Suk Daaru with morning Nitnem at Gudwara.. its hard to drive home even at 7-8am

How did Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj achieve this??
What was there schedule does anyone have a confirmed account on their daily schedule??

AVNI

SPNer
Dec 9, 2023

Should Japji Sahib be done before Sunrise?

Or just Nam Jaap in the hours before sunrise, & Jap ji Sahib done there after nam Jap after Sunrise?

Also if one is in deep meditation upon waking up should one still shower before JAP? Because showering then cools the inner Flames already built up for Nam Jap meditation!

Or do you do Nam Jap, shower then Japji and Jaap Sahib? To help prepare for work.

I find i get soo deep in meditation with Nam Jap Technique and Nitnem, I can almost fly away. It's hard to come back to Canadian reality for me after such deep meditation.
Although that's another topic.

In Gurdwaras in Toronto it was experienced after Sunrise for me. Although summer time in Toronto The Sun is up before 6am

In RehitNama Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj says to Bhai Nand Lal Ji that a Sikh should do Jap Ji Sahib and Jap Sahib in the morning and Listen to Rehras Sahib in the evening.

In Nitnem Guru Nanak Maharaj states:
Jap Sahib
(3)
Amrit vaylaa sach naa-o vadi-aa-ee veechaar.

Meaning in the early hours of dawn such-E-Na-o Nam Jaap is where the mitaa Gur is, in attaining enlightenment!

Hi Don! What do you do for nam jap? just chant waheguru? Could you please share something about your deep meditation techniques?

Don_Punjab

SPNer
Aug 6, 2023
Toronto Canada
Hi Don! What do you do for nam jap? just chant waheguru? Could you please share something about your deep meditation techniques?
I have tried to make an attempt here
Video Posted Online
on Instagram

In Japji Sahib Guru Nanak explains it depends on our past Karma. By the Grace of VAHEGURU may we be able to mediate upon him

From My understanding
Pauri 37 from Nitnem depicts

With the fear of VAHEGURU as the bellows!
(Fear is extremely essential)
Fan the Flames with in- Agan Tap Taa-o!!

In the crucible of love. Baba Nanak says melt the name of VAHEGURU. ( garr-d-oo)

As you increase the heat with-
Bhao Khalaa Fear of VAHEGURU as the Bellows!!

Heat the crucible of Love!!. (Bowl of love with in)
And melt the name Waheguru!

I like long indepth extended rounds of
VAHE-eeee GURUuuuu
Over short fast rounds

I prefer to say it within, melting it in the heart and feeling it throughout my body

Over saying it verbally on the outside

Gur Baba Nanak says: Lakh Lakh Rounds!! Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru

Carve that coin

As a Gold Smith craves his beautiful Gold
Carve the beautiful Gold Coin around you head
As seen depicted of all the Guru's

This is Guru Nanak Dev Ji's technique!

They Say Specifically during Amrit Vela!

I guess because in those days there wasn't always running water or running Light. So after Sunrise they would shower. As it could be dangerous to go the rivers and shower before sunrise!

Amrit Vela- Such-E-Na-o vadi-aa-ee veechaar
Then as per Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj via Bhai Nand Lal ji. Rehat
You shower then recite Nitnem.

Don_Punjab

SPNer
Aug 6, 2023
Toronto Canada
Dear Don

I heard the schedule was that he woke up five minutes before he fell asleep and did his paath whilst walking

Wow
I could just "try" to Imagine, covering such distances by foot!!
Ofcourse everything must of been done walking!!

20231126_132707.jpg

20231126_221510.jpg

20231126_203937.jpg

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: