• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Wiki Islam?

Satjot Kaur

SPNer
Jan 6, 2008
That is fine, IMO. Legitimate criticisms of anything are practical for judicious reasons. Is there a similar one for all religions/beliefs? I think it would be good to have one for everything.

Apr 4, 2007
That is fine, IMO. Legitimate criticisms of anything are practical for judicious reasons. Is there a similar one for all religions/beliefs? I think it would be good to have one for everything.

um, i wouldn't call the hatred spewed by "faith freedom international" legitimate... it's simply anti-islam propaganda, twisted verses from the koran, and outright lies.

if they were targetting sikhs, perhaps you wouldn't be so kind about it.

Satjot Kaur

SPNer
Jan 6, 2008
um, i wouldn't call the hatred spewed by "faith freedom international" legitimate... it's simply anti-islam propaganda, twisted verses from the koran, and outright lies.

Obviously I do not approve of lies. Many religions twist the meanings of their founding prophets. It is the highlighting of the fact that it is twisted that I approve of because that should help lead people back to the truth.

Satjot Kaur said:
I think it would be good to have one for everything.

Feathers would be ruffled, no doubt, but that which is not blown away by a hurricane is sound. One should only believe in that which is not so easily blown away, and the strongest beliefs should stand up to the strongest of winds.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

Dear jasleen

I am a member of faithfreedom forum and let me tell some muslims who have joined that site themselves said that there is nothing wrong in beating wives as mentioned in quran.

Apr 4, 2007
Dear jasleen

I am a member of faithfreedom forum and let me tell some muslims who have joined that site themselves said that there is nothing wrong in beating wives as mentioned in quran.

how do you know those are muslims? isn't it just as likely it's people trying to make muslims look bad posting such inflammatory things? do you have any proof? it's an electronic form, right? so basically anyone can post anything they want and say they're anyone they want, right?

i'm not saying every muslim is perfect, but that site paints the entire religion as "bad", which i think it inappropriate and unfair.

do you think Farid ji beat women? Mian Mir? Bhai Mardana?

that site paints ALL muslims as evil which is simply wrong.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
how do you know those are muslims? isn't it just as likely it's people trying to make muslims look bad posting such inflammatory things? do you have any proof? it's an electronic form, right? so basically anyone can post anything they want and say they're anyone they want, right?

i'm not saying every muslim is perfect, but that site paints the entire religion as "bad", which i think it inappropriate and unfair.

do you think Farid ji beat women? Mian Mir? Bhai Mardana?

that site paints ALL muslims as evil which is simply wrong.

majority of Muslims themselves don't take these saints in high regards.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Ali Sina and his site has both good and bad points. He is bent on proving Islam and Terrorism synonymous - that's the bad point.

Apr 4, 2007
majority of Muslims themselves don't take these saints in high regards.

how many muslims do you know personally? how do you know what the majority of muslims think?

i would guess that the majority of muslims don't even know who these saints are!

islam is a world wide religion. it's not limited to the wahabi and the taliban and al qaeda. it's not as cut and dried as that site and it's supporters want you to think.

muslims are people, just like sikhs. just like everyone. Sabh mai jot, jot hai soe. there's nothing there about God's light only being for Sikhs.

i'm tired of this muslim bashing. why can't we see the people instead of our twisted view of their religions?

i find it interesting that the same sikhs who complain that westerners think they're terrorists because of their turbans will also equate muslims with terrorists... it's that second attitude that CAUSED the first problem!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
how many muslims do you know personally? how do you know what the majority of muslims think?

i would guess that the majority of muslims don't even know who these saints are!

islam is a world wide religion. it's not limited to the wahabi and the taliban and al qaeda. it's not as cut and dried as that site and it's supporters want you to think.

muslims are people, just like sikhs. just like everyone. Sabh mai jot, jot hai soe. there's nothing there about God's light only being for Sikhs.

i'm tired of this muslim bashing. why can't we see the people instead of our twisted view of their religions?

i find it interesting that the same sikhs who complain that westerners think they're terrorists because of their turbans will also equate muslims with terrorists... it's that second attitude that CAUSED the first problem!

Jasleen a person's personal experiance are very limited.Most people commit mistake in life
that they give too much importance to their personal experiance's.tell me why most of islamic countries are still not seculer?Why even countries like Malaysia which calls themselves seculer put some kind's of laws in favour of muslims

Apr 4, 2007
Jasleen a person's personal experiance are very limited.Most people commit mistake in life
that they give too much importance to their personal experiance's.tell me why most of islamic countries are still not seculer?Why even countries like Malaysia which calls themselves seculer put some kind's of laws in favour of muslims

i never said that so-called islamic nations practice good government.

and i don't know how that makes it ok to lie about a religion to make it look bad.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
i never said that so-called islamic nations practice good government.

and i don't know how that makes it ok to lie about a religion to make it look bad.

The laws of islamic countries are mainly based on islamic laws and well supported my majority.No gov can put laws which are not supported by people .so common muslim
is also a culprit

Apr 4, 2007
The laws of islamic countries are mainly based on islamic laws and well supported my majority.No gov can put laws which are not supported by people .so common muslim
is also a culprit

you're kidding, right? you've never heard of a dictatorship? you know that those countries are, for the most part, not democracies, right? most are kingdoms or theocracies. you also know that what they call "islamic law" often has nothing to do with the koran but with controlling a poor and uneducated population through fear?

you cannot blame the religion for the evils of dictators. so-called christian dictators are no better, yet i don't see people creating sites to call all christians terrorists. are all hindus evil because indira gandhi was a power hungry meglomaniac?

are all americans stupid because george bush is president? if we, a democracy, can't even elect a good person to lead us, how can a peasant in a dictatorship have any hope of influencing the direction their country is taking?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Oh yes then just read the history of pakistan.The land of sikh guru's How jinnah wanted to make pakistan a seculer but slowly it moved towards islam.The main reason was politicians and dictatoors just want to appease public.

also reada about bangladesh Where sheikh mujibur rehman promised India that he will make it seculer And how hindu population is down to 8.5%

Isn't it funny that in islamic countries minorities just start vanishing

Satjot Kaur

SPNer
Jan 6, 2008

Jasleen Ji, it concerns me that you have so much energy directed at saying that it just isn't so. There are bad things, harmful beliefs, in this world. It is possible for people to frame others to try to make them look bad, yes. It is also true that generalities do not speak for each individual in a group, and there is a danger in assuming that a generality is universal. I am even inclined to believe that the uglier things said are not representative of the majority. None of that diminishes the importance of recognizing that there are people who do think and practice like that.

Only by acknowledging that this is real can anything be done to correct th travesties by enlightening the confused.

A classmate of mine (in the Master's program, which was an adult education class) was absolutely shocked that one of her coworkers was tying up women and raping them. She said he used to talk about it, but everyone thought he was joking until he got caught with a woman bound and gagged in his van.

Here are a couple of recent posts from people expressing their true feelings about women on another website:
GENIUS FORUMS • View topic - Making peace with femininity

GENIUS FORUMS • View topic - Leg hair debate

For variety, I should give a link to a post from a different poster. Same views (basically), different guy.
GENIUS FORUMS • View topic - Leg hair debate

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2007
Oh yes then just read the history of pakistan.The land of sikh guru's How jinnah wanted to make pakistan a seculer but slowly it moved towards islam.The main reason was politicians and dictatoors just want to appease public.

also reada about bangladesh Where sheikh mujibur rehman promised India that he will make it seculer And how hindu population is down to 8.5%

Isn't it funny that in islamic countries minorities just start vanishing

the entire population of bangladesh is trying to enter india. funny how hindu dominated india is more likely to allow hindu immigrants in than muslim immigrants.

isn't it funny that in india, hatred for muslims is so strong that it overwhelms rational thought?

show proof of these "vanishing minorities". and i want to know where they go... do they convert? do they stop telling the authorities their religions at census time? do they migrate to other countries? do the countries in question simply stop reporting on religious minorities? i've read that the actual numbers of religious minorities in pakistan are much higher than reported. why is this?

and again, how can you blame a religion for the behavior of a few countries? most muslims will tell you that pakistan and bangladesh are so influenced by south asian culture that they don't even practice islam in the same way as in the rest of the world. take female infanticide and dowry for example, they're prohibited in islam and don't' even happen in the rest of the world, but they're a huge problem in pakistani punjab...

you can find a million things wrong with so-called islamic countries. and i can find a million things wrong with the US and India.

how can you blame religion for everything? if you want to blame islam for the problems in pakistan, who do you blame for the problems in the US, christians? in india, Hindus?

Jasleen Ji, it concerns me that you have so much energy directed at saying that it just isn't so. There are bad things, harmful beliefs, in this world.

please don't waste your energy on being concerned with me, i'm certainly not worth the energy. :)

i never said anything "just isn't so". i said that maybe things aren't always as anti-islamic websites would have you believe.

yes, there are bad things and harmful beliefs in this world, and they belong to every religion, every country, every person.

sikhi does NOT teach us to hate people based on their religion. it does NOT teach us to lie in order to make other religions look bad. it does NOT teach us to watch others being abused and sit back idly.

spend your energy trying to make the world better, not in worrying about me.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM