• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why?

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
In short, from my personal prospective: "Waheguru Ji created us out of his great love for us so that we may be able to have a personal relationship with Him. But, as a result of our free will, we have chosen to exclude Waheguru Ji from our daily lives by turning away from Him in order to focus and follow our own worldly desires. The Sikh way to reconnect ( since Waheguru Ji resides within us all ) is: SEVA + SIMRAN + SANGAT, with strong faith, will power (determination) and limitless patience !"

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
I was wondering that if there are so many theories put forth from the scientific stand about how creation began, then why not as many theories from the spiritual stand !!!

The spiritual stand cannot prove what exists beyond death of the physical body, so everything is mystified and held in secrecy.

The above explanation is made from the physical existence level of understanding. The Atheist's viewpoint. Atheists also argue that if God is love, mercy and happiness, why is there so much suffering in this world.

The metaphysicians come in at this point to explain that it's all in the mind. New Age Religions are wounded around this mind stuff. Another group calls it consciousness of duality. Without good, bad cannot exist. Opposites exist dependently against each other. Also included in this category are Einstein's Theory of Relativity and Shankracharya's Theory of Maya.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
So would it be wrong to say that God sees everything through me ?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
So would it be wrong to say that God sees everything through me ?

This is actually a great question, NamJap ji. It has my brain cells working. Here is my answer for now.

He is the Architect of Destiny -- so He sees everything past present and future.

He is the Inner Searcher of Hearts -- so He sees everything through your/my/our eyes.

He has 1,000 eyes and he has not one eye -- so He sees everything in His own way.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Why are we just guessing, do we really know? Certainly not as per Guru Ji
ਅੰਤੁ ਜਾਪੈ ਕਿਆ ਮਨਿ ਮੰਤੁ
What is Lord's motive? It's limit is not known.

ਉਸ ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਦੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਕਿਹੜੀ ਸਲਾਹ ਹੈ-ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਦਾ ਭੀ ਅੰਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਪਾਇਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ
AS per Guru ji, who created, He knows, Watch His creation and just say wismaad( amazing !) This is the way I feel, if others are able to guess right, congratulations.

Jaspreet08

SPNer
Feb 1, 2008
why we have been separated from the God if in the end we have to combine with him?

There is an excellent explanation in Conversations With God, as well as parable in the Bible.

Conversations With God aims at a mystical explanation. You cannot know who you are (God's One creation - Ek Onkaar) unless you seperate from God and enter into this world of seperation. I think something similiar appears in Sukhmani Sahib Ashpati 21.
In Jaap Sahib, Majaraj writes "Anek hai phir ek hai."

The parable given the Bible from what I read in another book was that Jesus says the Son must leave His Father's Home to know how wonderful His Home really was.

Life is an experiential thing.

Bhul chuk maf karni.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM