• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Are You Smiling ?

Nov 19, 2004
Why Are You Smiling?
"Why are you smiling?", my daughter asked me the other day. It was too complicated to answer her right away. I had been lost in thought. I had been thinking about my life and all the blessings that I had been given by God. I was thinking about the first time that I held my daughter in my arms. I was thinking about just recently giving her a driving lesson. I was thinking about all those joyous and priceless moments in between. I was thinking of my two sons who in spite of their handicaps and learning difficulties had taught me more about love, kindness, and bliss than I could ever have hoped to learn on my own. I was thinking about my family and friends and about all the joyful support they had given me over the years. They had helped me to grow into the person I am now.
I was thinking too about how wonderful it had been to grow up in these mountains of my home. Their natural beauty had touched my soul daily. I was thinking as well about how delightful it had been to have so many dogs and cats all through my life. Their love so freely given was a constant source of joy for me. I was thinking most of all, however, about how much God must love all of us to bless us with so many opportunities to choose love and share joy in this life. I was thinking about all of these things so naturally my face and soul were smiling.
Life is so wonderful. Life is so beautiful. Life is such a glorious gift from God. It is full to overflowing with people to love, wonders to enjoy, and good things to do. Even its most painful moments and most difficult times can lead us to greater growth, learning, love, and oneness with God if we let them. Be thankful for all the blessings God gives you in this life. Think of them often. Let them fill your heart, mind, and soul.
And then when people ask you why you are smiling all the time, you will know what to say.
By: Joseph J. Mazzella

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM