• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Who Deleted My Das Thread(again)?

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Friend

I hav'nt done it but whosoever has done i t has done it for reason

I wasnt a healthy disscusion in any ways
If you really want a answer why Vijaydeep Use DAS then can try sending personal message to him

Also in someother thread he has made clear why he uses DAS
here is the quote

For any further query plz Personal message him rather starting open disscusion
Gurfateh

In band of Brothers no coste so for free.

Das means writer vijaydeep Singh.As per Sikh tradition we think using first person brings in ego of I and Me and that makes us away from God.As we all are nothing but manifestations or tools or images of God and das any way means slave or servent of humanity/universe.

In Sikhism Universe is form of God and egoless servise without any intention of return is worship and can be done only if Akal or God wants us to do so.

So thats why das is used and no me or I.
http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/new-to-sikhism/16527-converting.html#post57569

Thanks

skeptik

SPNer
Sep 6, 2006
I have done it but whosoever has done i t has done it for reason
What is that reason? Can you find out?

I wasnt a healthy disscusion in any ways
I disagree. I think it was a healthy discussion. Is there no place for my opinion on this website?

Also in someother thread he has made clear why he uses DAS
here is the quote
Das means writer vijaydeep Singh.
If it means you, then use the words "I", "Me", and "We" like a good rational human being. You're simply using it as a synonym for self. That's pointless and extremely odd.

As per Sikh tradition we think using first person brings in ego of I and Me and that makes us away from God.
This is simply false. If you don't want to talk about yourself - DONT TALK ABOUT YOURSELF. But referring to yourself as DAS is just an empty ruse. You are still talking about YOURSELF. Please stop this -- it makes you look like a pakhandi. Now i am not saying that you are a pakhandi -- but that it makes you seem like one.

So thats why das is used and no me or I.
You failed. If you don't want to refer to yourself. Simply don't refer to yourself. Das is cheating.

For any further query plz Personal message him rather starting open disscusion
I wont have the patience to talk to someone who refers to himself in the 3rd person like a madman. I want this discussion here so others can give their opinions and hopefully we can influence people to stop using Das to mean themself.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Friend

You are free to have ur opinion Here on Forum and also in life in wider sense .

YOu can disagree with my opinion about this disscusion

and also the Vijaydeep Sinfg for thew way he address himself

It seems like everybody currently is done with the disscusion already but still Vijaydeep has to respond .

I have repled to thread jsut to leyt you know thatonly messages that are thought to be as personal aatck are removed for obvous reason

Thanks

Jatinder Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: