• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What's Wrong With God?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
its saying we are all the same and all hanker after the same thing, and rather than go for heaven or paradise just accept and do your best?

Actually I'm not sure the full meaning of this shabad. It's very interesting that again my initial take on it is different to yours. You've read the line about paradise and heaven as pointing to people wanting that. I've read it as the Hindu and the Muslim wanting to get to their own versions of the afterlife (the particular afterlifes being the focus of the line, rather than the desire to get there).

Big disclaimer, this is just my first impression: Reading more into the shabad just totally off the cuff, I think it picks up your earlier point about the Sikh version of god being 'empty' or without characteristics. You call God this name or that, but (rahao) god is the cause of causes. You both follow the peculiarities of your religion and want to arrive at your separate versions of a wonderful afterlife. But there's this reality of hukam, and if you only knew that, you'd get to the actual truth that exists behind all the trappings of two different religions that people are convinced about.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Actually I'm not sure the full meaning of this shabad. It's very interesting that again my initial take on it is different to yours. You've read the line about paradise and heaven as pointing to people wanting that. I've read it as the Hindu and the Muslim wanting to get to their own versions of the afterlife (the particular afterlifes being the focus of the line, rather than the desire to get there).

Big disclaimer, this is just my first impression: Reading more into the shabad just totally off the cuff, I think it picks up your earlier point about the Sikh version of god being 'empty' or without characteristics. You call God this name or that, but (rahao) god is the cause of causes. You both follow the peculiarities of your religion and want to arrive at your separate versions of a wonderful afterlife. But there's this reality of hukam, and if you only knew that, you'd get to the actual truth that exists behind all the trappings of two different religions that people are convinced about.

in that case, given what you have said, God, Allah, RAM, are not all the same as Waheguru in that case, they are Waheguru lite?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
also Allah clearly approves of all that is in the Koran, God approves of what is in the Bible, and Ram approves of what is in the Vedas, all these things make the respective Gods happy or sad, angry or loving, Waheguru does not give a damn one way or another, so are they even Waheguru lite? They are clearly separate entities period?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
also Allah clearly approves of all that is in the Koran, God approves of what is in the Bible, and Ram approves of what is in the Vedas, all these things make the respective Gods happy or sad, angry or loving, Waheguru does not give a damn one way or another, so are they even Waheguru lite? They are clearly separate entities period?

I don't have an answer yet about their existence as separate entities. I think Gurbani may say that gods have transient existence in Maya just like we do, but I have no examples at my fingertips and haven't thought about it enough from this POV yet.

Stop asking difficult questions! (that's 100% a joke. don't stop - you're wonderful :) )

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
how

how do you know that they actually make them happy ?
I have already stated I have no idea, and personally could not give a toss, however, according to the respective religions, there is much material on what each individual God expects to make him happy according to the respective devotees, this is also applies to whether they exist, again, no idea, could not give a toss, all we have to go on is what the respective followers believe, not what I believe

Logical Sikh

Writer
SPNer
Sep 22, 2018
i think " RAM, ALLAH, HAR, GOD ( christian )," they all the same.... evrybdy just have different definitions according to their own limit of knowledge .... Some definitions are right, Some are partially right, and some definitions are false.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
i dont believe in RAM..... but i think ALLAH and WAHEGURU is same...... Muslims just have diff perspective
I see, so in your opinion as a Sikh, Waheguru are the same, but the Muslims who actually follow and worship Allah have a different 'perspective'? do you think you should tell them?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: