• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Do Sikh Men Look For In Women?

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
What women want is a challenge, what women want is a man they can't control because that's where your rating will be high.
So have some backbone guys and keep your turbans on wherever you go.

How to Become an Alpha Male

How to Build Unstoppable Confidence When Talking to Women
I almost feel I'm talking to the wind because no guy is owning up that he lacks the confidence. Believe me guys, I've been there. I assumed alot of things because during my time, it was arranged marriage. So I didn't have to learn all these things. So I guess your folks didn't teach you these things either.

But that does not mean, you're NOT facing the problem by ignoring it. See, we Sardars (with Turbans) have everything going for us, but we don't value it - why ? Because we do not know we're sitting on a goldmine. Instead, we are giving up our royal rights for a can of beer and women with a life style.

Yogi Bhajan dealt with women with life styles and transformed them to Khalsa. Question to ask - why did they give up their life style ? Wasn't it full of fun and glamour?

It would be great to know!!

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Re: Relationships: What do Sikh Men Look for in Women?

I guess I looking for a woman who can deal with my "devil's advocate" type attitude towards everything. :whisling: That filters out most women on the planet... :D

Seriously, what should a guy be looking for in a girl, besides beauty?
Intelligence is one, what else?

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

I think you are right about confidence in short supply, NamJap ji.

I prefer Narayanjot Kaur Ji to clarify why she feels men's confidence is in short supply. :D

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

My question for Sikh gentlemen is

What do you look for in a woman who is your:-

a. girlfriend, or fiancee
b. wife
c. general friend

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
Dharmashtere Australiashtre

At different stages of life you look for different things and once you've been burnt by one type i guess you will look for something else.

In my case the general attributes will be:
a) Positivity
b) Leadership
c) Ambition

P.S
d) Most Important - She tells stories like - What, When and How instead of stitching together a millions different stories.

e) There has to be a bit of a physical attraction at the start especially.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

e) There has to be a bit of a physical attraction at the start especially.
Yes, that's a must for men in general.

Ausdesi Ji,

does physical attraction mean beauty or how she holds herself. What exactly ?

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

In my case the general attributes will be:
a) Positivity
b) Leadership
c) Ambition
I like these. Do you not look for intelligence?

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

P.S
d) Most Important - She tells stories like - What, When and How instead of stitching together a millions different stories.

Am I thinking what you are? Women in general will stitch, mend, sow, and appreciate a good listener. But little do they know that such stories which they tell are boring to men. Because the men get all excited when there is an emergency for action. That's why a woman needs to explain the when, how, and what clearly to a man.

On the other hand, a woman feels lighter when she has spoken out her mind. If you guys feel that she's putting you into a corner to whack you left and right and render you helpless, then it's time to change your thinking pattern. We men, need to understand that women don't think like men. Spoken words by men have a different meaning for women.

Comments :welcome:

AusDesi

SPNer
Jul 18, 2009
Dharmashtere Australiashtre

Am I thinking what you are? Women in general will stitch, mend, sow, and appreciate a good listener. But little do they know that such stories which they tell are boring to men. Because the men get all excited when there is an emergency for action. That's why a woman needs to explain the when, how, and what clearly to a man.

On the other hand, a woman feels lighter when she has spoken out her mind. If you guys feel that she's putting you into a corner to whack you left and right and render you helpless, then it's time to change your thinking pattern. We men, need to understand that women don't think like men. Spoken words by men have a different meaning for women.

Comments :welcome:

With many women its easy to be a good listener, its just hard to remember everything they've said lol. They will twist the story so much that at the end you won't hava clue about what the initial story was about.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

With many women its easy to be a good listener, its just hard to remember everything they've said lol. They will twist the story so much that at the end you won't hava clue about what the initial story was about.
After going through it all, I feel I have to warn you guys from "falling into the well" of trying to please a woman by 'fulfilling' her wishes. Later, when I have spent my entire savings 'making her happy' she was still not happy.

Most of the time, when a woman says something, she doesn't want action from a man. She just wants to remove her frustrations. That's why women talk about almost anything. It is not the content of their speech which is important but the fact that YOU (the chosen one) is paying attention to her.

In a man's world, paying attention to a woman almost always means - GO GET IT FOR HER. But a woman might not want that. On the psychological side, the female want to be heard. Physiologically, she is smaller and weaker in physique That's why she will shout louder than you and talk longer than you. Just to be heard. If we, males, just give them this much of space to talk longer and understand that they need to, then we do not have to 'loose' all our savings for nothing.

Why doesn't a woman warn the man not to spend the money for her ?

I am looking for the answer myself.

Oct 16, 2009

most of the mens just look for girls
when a boy proposes to a girl most of the time she replies i need time, i will think, give me some time but when a girl proposes to a boy all that he can say is yes,yes and yesOMG
well i think compatibility is the most essential thing but at the end what matters is not what mens expect its what they get.
best of luck to all :up:

Jan 1, 2010
What do Sikh Men Look for in Women?

Being an Indian the point of discussion is based on the merits of marriage as we used to celebrate and experience that the arranged marriages are more successful than Love marriages though the decisions are being made within 10 minutes.

I twist the discussion to the arranged marriage and Love marriage. Though now it is a trend of Love marriage. But as per my experience Now the girls have been brought up in fairly liberal houses and now the parents don't dissuade them from studying or working.

Now the question:

1. When the point of marriage comes the parents would not be too happy if their children get married outside their community. Though it would not raise furore in family but mixed mariages still are rarity in Punjab.
  2. Now the girls have freedom to voice her opinion in marriage if that is arranged marriage and can decline the proposal but they have to rock solid reason to turn down a prospective groom.
  3. As the boys give importance to the attractive look now the girls also consider this factor.
  4. As the boys accept proposals like wise the girls also consider whether the proposed boy has oratorical skill like Barack Obama. Secondly the consideration of his financial capability is also a great aspect in girls now a days as they like to choose the proposals like Laxmi Niwas Mittal or Mukesh Ambani.
  5. As the boys used to look in to the aspect the same way girls used to consider the social and financial status of the families and they consider that it should be at par. It is not like that as the horoscopes have been tallied by the family astrologer and the marriage is final.
How the girls' boidata is being made:
It includes her name, date of birth, qualifications, interests. The stress is not given on Skin tone and weight. But if she ahs garnished with outstanding achievements and has special attributes that is being mentioned.

After basic proposal the meeting is being fixed:
Now the prospective bride is under tight scrutiny. Prying eyes are checking her out form head to heels. The girl is being cautioned previously about her gait, how she smiles, how she laughs and overall her body language which should be homely. A few years back it was a tradition that the women were requested to walk and read. Now such a tradition is not in practice. Like wise the groom is also under microscopic observations.

Questions during meeting:
Usually weird questions are being put, like Whether you get angry, Why have u coloured your hair, Do you party, Do you want to work after marriage, Will you be able to juggle work and family life. How many dishes you can cook, whay type of prathas you can make. Would you mind mopping the floor if the maid servant did not turn up. Will you wash the dish plates if the bai has not come. All such type of disgusting and stale questions which everybody used to put.

Customory Questions:
What do you do, What are your hobbies, Who do you like, what do you dislike. These questions are thrown at prospective boy and girl.

Blink and miss meeting:
This is all and you have to declare your verdict after the meeting of about 10 to 15 minutes. Yes this is the reality that you have to decide within 15 minutes about your life partner with him you have to spend the rest of your life. We are not talking about vegetables, shoes, clothes, groceries,

Considerable Point:
Within 10 minutes the marriage is arranged and divorce rate is too low:

Rajneesh Madhok,

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

NamJap ji

If I do that then I go off topic. :D

When we trigger male emotions and get them speaking, you can't possibly miss an enlarged target because you're too close to the target. :veryhappymunda1:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
As a proud henpecked for the past 21 years, I have learnt and hence perfected the art of hearing rather than listening. If all men become capable of doing that then they have found the perfect match irrespective of the other qualities they are looking for in their prospective life partners.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
the art of hearing rather than listening.

That's a bold quote. You see every man must strive to become an Alpha. In terminology, don't become her puppy and follow her every wish because then the attraction level goes down to zero. But listening to her is different. Many women just want a good listener and doesn't want solutions. But more too often men are hard wired to be the Mr. Fix-It, end up finding a way to solve her ordeal. That's not what women want.

So what do women want, can some woman be man enough to come forward and express her views? If the thread title needs to be changed, I will talk to Admin and do so.

Do women want their men to think like a woman ?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM