• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Am I?

GushK

SPNer
Oct 5, 2004
London
Had a thought yesterday and i didn't have any idea as to how to even approach an answer.

It's still a bit muddy in my head, maybe writing it down will make it clearer...

The universe is created from God and all matter (from atoms to galaxies) is basically an expression of God. yes? i.e Waheguru being both formless and of form.

Our souls are also, for lack of a better term, pieces for Waheguru trying to find their way back home.

What then differentiates our souls from the rest of the universe?
is there any difference? since both ARE God.

help?

Last edited:

sskohli

SPNer
Mar 8, 2005
India
Sat Sri Akal GushK jee
I don't know whether my reply would put you in more doubt? :D
I was thinking the same thing, sometime ago. That if we are made from god, and all our journey through the earth and all its life forms is to achieve him. Then why does he let us be away from anyways. We can just sit at his feet and sing his greatness day in and day out.
But as per your question goes,
" What then differentiates our souls from the rest of the universe?
is there any difference? since both ARE God."
I think there is NO difference between me and you, between the wall and the goat. I don't have a quote from Granth Sahib, but i was reading a book and the writer said that the atoms of an object keep on changing, it flows from one object to another, as we see a snake getting rid of its entire skin, so do every object recycles its atoms, so what you were yesterday could be me today :).
Ok apart from science, all the avtars and godmen, have said that they have become one with god, or become god themselves. Even Guru nanak dev ji, after attaining divinity said, that what he was saying was not his words but "khasam kee bani".
Its just the vikars, in us that makes us unconscious, and completely oblivious of reality. Another great sage has said, that truth/god is sooo close to everyone of us, even closer than us, that we are not looking at it on purpose.
I can also just quote all these things, when it comes to practicing them, I would be last in the line.
Anyways those were my 2 cents.

Waheguruji kee fateh
sandeep

Sep 11, 2005
GushK said:
anybody? i'm still kinda struggling with this...

Dear Gushk

In one of your posts you have said that :

"I believe and have faith in WaheGuru , WaheGuru has belief and faith in me , So I am not alone ............."

What happened now ?

Why you are Struggling Dear ?

Sep 11, 2005
sskohli said:
Sat Sri Akal GushK jee
I don't know whether my reply would put you in more doubt? :D
I was thinking the same thing, sometime ago. That if we are made from god, and all our journey through the earth and all its life forms is to achieve him. Then why does he let us be away from anyways. We can just sit at his feet and sing his greatness day in and day out.
But as per your question goes,
I think there is NO difference between me and you, between the wall and the goat. I don't have a quote from Granth Sahib, but i was reading a book and the writer said that the atoms of an object keep on changing, it flows from one object to another, as we see a snake getting rid of its entire skin, so do every object recycles its atoms, so what you were yesterday could be me today :).
Ok apart from science, all the avtars and godmen, have said that they have become one with god, or become god themselves. Even Guru nanak dev ji, after attaining divinity said, that what he was saying was not his words but "khasam kee bani".
Its just the vikars, in us that makes us unconscious, and completely oblivious of reality. Another great sage has said, that truth/god is sooo close to everyone of us, even closer than us, that we are not looking at it on purpose.
I can also just quote all these things, when it comes to practicing them, I would be last in the line.
Anyways those were my 2 cents.

Waheguruji kee fateh
sandeep

Dear SSKOHLI

The above line is perfect , but when you start practising it . Then you will be ridiculed and misunderstood by the so called Scholars and Clergies.

Sep 11, 2005
Dear Friends

if our so called learned scholars and clergies should understand this that soul and universe are not different . both are God .....

Then they should not say like this :

One secton of People as Superior ,
Other section of people as Inferior ,
One section of people as belivers ,
Other section of people as disbelivers ,
One section of people as good ,
Other section of people as PATIT .

GushK

SPNer
Oct 5, 2004
London
devinesanative said:
Dear Gushk

In one of your posts you have said that :

"I believe and have faith in WaheGuru , WaheGuru has belief and faith in me , So I am not alone ............."

What happened now ?

Why you are Struggling Dear ?

hehe....not really struggling, just interested in people's responses to questions I feel the need to sit and ponder.

I have no answers myself...all is with with Waheguru's grace. If i can't answer now, in time it will come.
In the mean time, I have you all as Sangat to help me :wah:

Nov 4, 2005
WJKK
WJKF

As I understand;
When we die, we leave the Chola (body), and get a new body. We (Atma, Jot) never dies.

We (Atma, the driver) get a new human body (car), and we drive the car. We START thinking we are the CAR, NO !!, but we are actually the driver !!!! We get ready in the morning, poloish up, we take care off the body (car) , WHAT do we do to the the real self (Driver ??-Atma ?).

We all are children of God, Waheguru..
The attributes of the child should be the same as the father:

A lions cub, looks the same as a lion, has 2 eyes, 4 legs, tail etc.
A human Child looks the same as the human parents, 2 legs, 1 head, etc. etc.

The Atma HAS to look as the Param-Atma (GOD Waheguru). It is said God is light, Prakash, so we are also Prakash, light.

God is all forgiving, powerful, Loving, we also the same (but not enlightened). We are too all powerful,Loving, but OUR MIND stops everything. An enlightened soul becomes merged with Waheguru, and, thus, in Gurbani its said, Tohi Mohi, Mohi Tohi, antar Kesa !!, There is no difference between you and myself (This can be said by the enlightened soul and GOD)

What we have extra is the MIND,
(Maan jetay Jug jeet)

The equation of life is:

Person :}--}: = Atma+Mind :D :confused: :}--}: :mad: :{;o: :whisling:

GOD = Atma-Mind

Once we remove the mind, we have atained enlightenment, and will merge with the one, and become ONE. (We means ATMA)
:wah:

WJKK
WJKF

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2005
In this world one has to have a balance between Atma and Mind ....

regarding "Not Enlightened" , These are negative word .. each and every person is enlightened in his own percention and thoughts ....

To be enlightened , one has to believe and think that he/she is already enlightened.

Nov 4, 2005
WJKK
WJKF
If we take the word enlightened losely, yes everyone is enlightened (all are progressing). But True enlightement is when the person emerges with Waheguru, when the person knows has received MUKTI, will not come back to the earth! This experience comes when the person is alive.

WJKK
WJKF

Aug 18, 2005
Fremont, California
Ek Krishnang tan sarab deyvan, deyv deva tan atmeh
Atmang shri Basewadeyvashe, jey ko janas bheyv.
Shlok Seheskriti Mehela 1 ang 1353

God is the filler word for the phenomena the causes and effects of allnatural laws of the universe. Our primitive minds tend to humanize God or give Him maya attributes, because we lack the wisdom of the deeper concepts of reality. We have bearly become to even understand our physical bodies. We can only go as far as the light vibrations which is the foundation of composition of each element in the universe. Elements do not break down into different chemicals, yet each single element has different atomic parts and vibrations and magnetisms. We try to reason with emotion what is going on, whether we experience a good or a bad event. God does not think with emotion, yet He is all knowing. He is beyond emotion, a constant sukh santokh. Sacha tera kand sacha brehmand, sach tera lo, sachey akar, Ang 643. The soul is also deeper than what we can explain. I beleive it is the invisible essence in things that never perish. In the laws of physics nothing become completely eliminated. Things burn up and turn into carbon or dust. Rock crumble into sand, sand eventually blend with organic material when they is flooding or winds or volcanic eruptions. Neh getant keyval Gopaal achut. God does not change His state, but His stablitiy is the foundation of all existence.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM