• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Wedding Between Sikh And Christian

Balbir27

Look for what is, not what you think should be
Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2017
First of all you must have transparency with families on both sides if you want this to work.

Second if she is adopting Sikhi, then have her attend Gurdwara etc before you introduce her to your family as that will give better impression in their eyes. As for her family find a way to explain Sikhi as a spiritual path more than a religion. It’s about truth and seeing and serving God in everyone. Christians also believe the image of God is in all people so look for the similarities and emphasize those instead of differences. The big difference is they believe that God took birth as Jesus and we obviously believe God dies not take birth but try to focus as I said on the similarities and not the differences. My family are Christian and have no problem with my decision as long as I am a good person, happy and still believe in God and strive to attain my spiritual path.

I cant promise that the above will work. But I can guarantee that if you both continue to keep it a secret it will never work!

@Harkiran Kaur

Apologies for going off topic somewhat, but I am looking for some clarifications.

Going through this thread, I noticed you said “God took birth as Jesus and we obviously believe God dies not take birth”.

[a] I believe you meant Jesus was God’s Son (even allowing for the Holy Trinity concept), so God himself did not take birth. Or am I wrong in this thought?

I believe it was a “typo” when you said “God dies not take birth”, meaning the “dies” was actually “does”. ["i" and "o" live side by side on qwerty].

Sat Sri Akal.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
I also facing this problem i am sikh and i love a christian girl who is from india.
Same family problem.. But families don't know about us.
Dear sem nome. JUREMA
I love her very much.
And ill be die for her.
Suicide.
God will help you.
I can't explain the feeling. How much I love her.
If anyone wants to reply me.

Dear @God is one

SPN is a general discussion forum and not a professional counseling platform. If you are going through deep emotional issues, we would advise you to seek consultation at the following link:

AASRA-Helpline

We are sure every problem has a solution!

All the best! :)

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
Hello everybody, My name is Jurema, I am from Buenos Aires and I am Christian.I have a good education and good family who are Christian. I love a man from Kapurthala who is Sikh, and we want to get marry. His family don't know about us relation yet. I am afraid, because I am not sure if his family will allow us relation, because I am foreigner and Christian. does is possible a family allow an wedding between sikh and Christian? And, I want to be sikh with him. He is Ramgariah sikh .
God Bless your.
All the best to you both. Personally I see no reason why you shouldn't be together in matrimony whether you want to become sikh or not..
Wish you all the very best

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
@Harkiran Kaur

Apologies for going off topic somewhat, but I am looking for some clarifications.

Going through this thread, I noticed you said “God took birth as Jesus and we obviously believe God dies not take birth”.

[a] I believe you meant Jesus was God’s Son (even allowing for the Holy Trinity concept), so God himself did not take birth. Or am I wrong in this thought?

I believe it was a “typo” when you said “God dies not take birth”, meaning the “dies” was actually “does”. ["i" and "o" live side by side on qwerty].

Sat Sri Akal.

Christians believe there is no difference between Jesus and God they are one and the same. And they believe the universe is separate from and not in any way linked to God - it exists somewhere else while God exists within a realm known as heaven.

Yes dies was a typo (does) as in God does not take birth. There is a food reason and explanation...

Gurbani tells us creation is IN the creator and also the creator is in the creation. There is only one and this is an illusion or dream... if it’s a dream in a very real sense... one dreamer God... we are all dream characters where ego has created false identities and the only true identity is he divine jot within us. A dream has a dreamer external to the dream and where everything in the dream is really one thing.... the thought of the dreamer / creator. The dream is within the dreamer and the dreamer is also within the dream while asleep... immersed within that dreamworld (they must be or else the dream collapses correct?) How can the dreamer ever take birth in the dream? Ideas and characters can take birth as they are thoughts brought to life by the dreamer. But the dreamer is external. If the dreamer somehow left the external world and took birth in the dream there would be no dreamer and the dream collapses. And besides everything within the dream is false. All things solid only feel so because of electrical impulses in the mind of he dreamer. In reality there is no scent or light or solidness of matter. It’s ALL merely pure frequency. This world IS that dream of Waheguru. This is why Waheguru can never take birth. A character can awaken within the dream and realize their divine origins and that they are dreaming. But that is different.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM