• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Wearing Of Kacchhera

askandhari

SPNer
May 12, 2006
INDIA
WJKK! WJKF!

As a amritdhari sikh , I have been wearing cotton drawers that are home stitched all these years. My mother has been stitching them for me. Now since she is old, she is not able to stich clothes. Can one wear branded drawers available in the market ?

I am looking for an answer to this querry. I am sure there would be others like me who have a similar problem and would be looking for an answer.

Regards...

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
a kachhera is not a "drawers" short pants..etc. It has its own unique DESIGN and is sewed differently from ordinary drawers/shortpants/ etc available commercially.
This Unique DESIGN makes the kachhera versatile, its totally PRIVATE (Modesty is protected)even though leg is lifted high up..reveals nothing in any way in any position..even if wet through and through it still performs its modesty job well.
2.IF you just cant get a kachera...then i wont insist on being fanatic about it....its the thought that counts....but buy the most modest/and well stictched drawers...UNTIL you can make arrangements to get a Genuine Kachera..you just have to be INNOVATIVE and preemptive...seek and you will FIND.
3. Being in INDIA with 20 MILLION SIKHS and PUNJABI TAILORS by the millions..i find it surprising that you cant find a tailor....have you really searched for one ?? Even in Malaysia we have no such problem with only about 80 thousand sikhs...
Gyani jarnail Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: